head covering for winter

karezone

It is very cold in NC and the wind is blowing. I need help choosing a head scarf because I don't wear hats(head to big).

Is a silk and pashmina scarf bad for my hair? I have seen some really pretty ones online. Or should I just stick with a plain silk square?

karezone said:
It is very cold in NC and the wind is blowing. I need help choosing a head scarf because I don't wear hats(head to big).

Is a silk and pashmina scarf bad for my hair? I have seen some really pretty ones online. Or should I just stick with a plain silk square?

Maybe you could put the silk & pashmina scarf on top of the silk scarf for more warmth and to ensure the smoothness is against your hair.

That is what I plan to do.

Karezone, Royal is right. Place the silk close to your hair then the pashmina on top. I wear silk scarves when not wearing a hat. I place my pashmina around my neck; the times the scarf slips causing hair contact with the pashmina I can hair the snap so would not allow the pashmina direct hair contact ever again.

Girl, I am in nc too and it is COLD!!!! The wind was killing my hair today. I might have to do a hot oil treatment tomorrow. I need to find something to protect my hair too. I think I am going to try royal glorys advice as well.

I agree about wearking the satin or silk scarf next to your hair, then something over that if necessary. I love wearing my beautiful snood.:)

karezone said:

satin or silk will do just fine! I wrap my twists w/ my satin scarf, then I throw my winter hat on. it works great for me. I just fluff my hair when I get to work, and I am ready to go!

Back