Smaller With Head Scarves?

Britt

I would like some head scarves to wear however, I do not want the big ones that are most popular. What I'm looking for is more of a pretty patterned scarf that I can tie up similar to the ending of this video

I love the patterns and prints but do not need so much cloth b/c I only want to make a small top knot, or just tie my scarf at the top of my head. Most of the vendors I've checked out have really large sized cloths.
This is cute, this is the biggest I'd want my knot to be. I'd prefer it to be smaller actually.

\
il_570xN.985178642_djny.jpg

I like this also but again, I think too much material.
il_570xN.1226788336_or57.jpg

I'd also like a plain black scarf. Instead of spending more money on a large amount of material I really just want a few smaller scarves. Thanks so much!

Have you tried bss shops? Lots have vibrant silk/satin scarves for a couple few dollars.

Thanks! I thought of that too, but most of the bss I go to all the silk type scarves look the same, I can picture the pattern already lol .. they look more like going to bed scarves than the scarves meant to wear out.

Also you can buy them online now-just google fabric shops in your area.

Though you may want to go in so you can get a feel for the textures and how they would work for the styles you like.

Thanks! I thought of that too, but most of the bss I go to all the silk type scarves look the same, I can picture the pattern already lol .. they look more like going to bed scarves than the scarves meant to wear out.

LOL...LOL yes

You can go to an West African fabric shop-probably Nigerian depending on your area-and get small amounts cut. If I remember correctly, to get a big solid gele, they do about 3 yards, so maybe you want half of that or maybe just 1 yard. It’ll end up being pretty inexpensive.

You can go to an West African fabric shop-probably Nigerian depending on your area-and get small amounts cut. If I remember correctly, to get a big solid gele, they do about 3 yards, so maybe you want half of that or maybe just 1 yard. It’ll end up being pretty inexpensive.
Thank you!

Back