Health Issues and Hair Loss

♦K.O♦

Are any of you suffering from a health issue that is causing hair loss or excessive shedding?

How much have you lost? Assuming you can do anything at all, what are you doing to counter the shedding?

sunkissedbronze

I am having problems.. I posted a thread about it yesterday I need some advice ... because I am so depressed about it. you can see my scalp at the top of my head

kiesha8185

Are any of you suffering from a health issue that is causing hair loss or excessive shedding?

How much have you lost? Assuming you can do anything at all, what are you doing to counter the shedding?

I was very very stressed my last semester in school (graduating, death in the family, considering law school) and I was shedding more than I usually did. I figured I'd nip it in the bud internally and externally. Carrot juice really helped to reduce my shedding, it also made my new growth much thicker. And I basically lived on dark green veges like kale, collard greens (ewwww!) and spinach. I started exercising 3-4 times a week. Externally, Toque Emergencia also helped with my shedding and massaging my scalp with coconut oil with a few drops of rosemary essential oil really helped as well.

I got 3 more Dominican items that claim to reduce hair loss:
  • Apretadora Fortifying Capillar Treatment and Baba de Caracol Hairloss Treatment both are directed to be used as pre-shampoo treatments.
  • Suela and Canela is a deep conditioner.
I will be using them over the next month and give my review. I hope this helps!!

neonbright

Six year ago during my last week of pregnancy I became survivor preeclampsic, I never got over the high blood pressure and even though I take meds for the pressure it is still uncontrollable, I have delayed gastric emptying, gasritus and some other gastrol problems. Some of the meds I took in the beginning for the delayed gastric emptying cause alot of my hair to fall out in clumps, it was a conflict of the blood pressure and taking the gastrol meds together. From taking different meds and conflict in meds, my hair not only fell out in clumps, it the thickness of the individual stands thinned out. It took awhile and some tweaking but I have a routine down and now I have normal shedding, my hair may not hold a curl like it used to but it shinny, healthy and bouncy now; thanks to LHCF.