Healthy Hairstyles

Songbirdb

Are there any healthy hairstyles out there that one that is stretching can use, other than bantu knots (they cause my hair breakage from the tight coiling) or braid outs (never look right) that don't involve heat and the still protect the ends? I wear my phony pony but I know I have to change it up. I'm trying rollersets w/o heat but I get a little breakage as well.

Isis

Are there any healthy hairstyles out there that one that is stretching can use, other than bantu knots (they cause my hair breakage from the tight coiling) or braid outs (never look right) that don't involve heat and the still protect the ends? I wear my phony pony but I know I have to change it up. I'm trying rollersets w/o heat but I get a little breakage as well.
A French Twist is a very good style. :yep: I really enjoy wearing this style and always get compliments. It can be casual or dressy and it always looks like one has more hair than they do.

mzhotniz86

girl , get you a wig :yep: you wont have to do a darn thing to your hair but moisturize it. otherwise bunning and phony ponytails will work too

kuwait

A French Twist is a very good style. :yep: I really enjoy wearing this style and always get compliments. It can be casual or dressy and it always looks like one has more hair than they do.

I love the french roll. You really don't have to comb your hair, and you can look jazzy while wearing your hair up.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
girl , get you a wig :yep: you wont have to do a darn thing to your hair but moisturize it. otherwise bunning and phony ponytails will work too
I agree, that way you can just have your hair moisturized and braided underneith the wig.

healthynhappy

I just roll my hair, after oiling it, in a few flexirods and go to bed. The rods are soft enough that they don't disturb my sleep and my hair usually falls into a style all on its own.

If I don't like how it came out, then I just use bobby pins to pile it loosely on top, or towards the back of my head with a few wispy strands in front and around the sides.

It always looks very feminine. It gives you that just got out of bed with great hair kind of look.

charmtreese

How do you do a french twist?

I normally do a banana clip bun like in my avi or a loose bun on top of my head with side bangs. If Im far into my stretch I have to do a low bun to cover up my kitchen some :lachen:. I also like using claw clips for a fast updo or the flexi 8 clips ( I just recently got into them).

At night I always moisturize and pin curl my hair so that I will have some type of bend and curl to my hair in the morning.

Good post!!! I too get breakage from these styles or they just dont look right. I guess my hair is too thin. I'm trying to get over serious breakage now :nono: I always want to cry.

healthynhappy

Good post!!! I too get breakage from these styles or they just dont look right. I guess my hair is too thin. I'm trying to get over serious breakage now :nono: I always want to cry.

Don't cry Sweet. The one most important factor that lead to the thickening of my hair is Jamaican Black Castor Oil.

As far as the breakage, I've found that adding Blackstrap Molasses to your deep conditioner stops it in its tracks.

Good luck.

Songbirdb

I just roll my hair, after oiling it, in a few flexirods and go to bed. The rods are soft enough that they don't disturb my sleep and my hair usually falls into a style all on its own.

If I don't like how it came out, then I just use bobby pins to pile it loosely on top, or towards the back of my head with a few wispy strands in front and around the sides.

It always looks very feminine. It gives you that just got out of bed with great hair kind of look.

this sounds so cute, i wish you had pics

Songbirdb

How do you do a french twist?

I normally do a banana clip bun like in my avi or a loose bun on top of my head with side bangs. If Im far into my stretch I have to do a low bun to cover up my kitchen some :lachen:. I also like using claw clips for a fast updo or the flexi 8 clips ( I just recently got into them).

At night I always moisturize and pin curl my hair so that I will have some type of bend and curl to my hair in the morning.

whats a flexi 8 clip?

Namilani

Bump! Since I just lost three inches, I'm definitely geting ready to baby this stuff. If I'm not happy by June, I might as well hack and go natural. I'm tired of my bun, I'll get tired of a chignon soon, and I've gotta master twist/braidouts. I'm thinking about getting an instant weave if I can't find anything cute...

n_vizion

Accessories can make even the plainest bun look cute. Try hair clips, cute scarves and what-not to make you stretching styles presentable. Also, you can almost never go wrong with with I twisting and pinning the hair up in the back if you have curled the hair the night before with rollers or if you steam curl in the morning.

almondjoi85

:blush:Antihairslave! Great progress! Whats your regimine?!

Its super super easy. I just wash once a week and condition in the shower. I apply a DC and then rinse that out after about 30-40 minutes. I blow dry it with a round brush to get the roots str8 and a wide tooth comb just to get then length dry. Some weeks I will flat iron it on a very low setting. Other weeks I will skip the flat iron and wear my hair up all week. Then other weeks I will go to the doobie place and get a wash and set with a DC.

I try to cover my hair every nite.
I sleep with a silk or satin scarf covering my pillow every nite.
I do not take any vitamins or use any topical growth aids.
I do nightly scalp massages with a hair oil, mainly coconut oil.
I just started using shakakai bar shampoo after I go swimming, which has been about twice a week. <- I just started swimming again.
I keep track and write about my hair progress and issues on my hair blog. www.theantihairslave.com

dlewis

Sui Topi

Its super super easy. I just wash once a week and condition in the shower. I apply a DC and then rinse that out after about 30-40 minutes. I blow dry it with a round brush to get the roots str8 and a wide tooth comb just to get then length dry. Some weeks I will flat iron it on a very low setting. Other weeks I will skip the flat iron and wear my hair up all week. Then other weeks I will go to the doobie place and get a wash and set with a DC.

I try to cover my hair every nite.
I sleep with a silk or satin scarf covering my pillow every nite.
I do not take any vitamins or use any topical growth aids.
I do nightly scalp massages with a hair oil, mainly coconut oil.
I just started using shakakai bar shampoo after I go swimming, which has been about twice a week. <- I just started swimming again.
I keep track and write about my hair progress and issues on my hair blog. www.theantihairslave.com

So simple and yet such great results..keep it up girl

JerriBlank

OOOOHHHH @ all of your styles:yep:
Cute and proctective!! Okay then!
I'll definitely be trying these when i get out of these braids...as long as i have enought hair to anyways:look:
So do you think i can do these with shoulder length hair? That's where i'm hoping my hair will be when i take my braids down.

godsflowerrr

Dlewis has some really pretty styles. If you don't like braidouts and twistouts, I was gonna suggest bunning or wearing variations of the bun. or what about a rod set?