Healthy Locs Support Thread 2013

Ivonnovi

After almost a year of deliberating........I am taking down several of my almost 4 year old 450+ Sisterlocks. Hopefully, I'll be unlocked by MLK day. LOL

WHY, because I hate how the requisit grid, accents the thinness of the hair population on my crown. Afterall this time, I still can't get past that look.

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
Didn't want to start a new thread since this one didn't quite take off but wanted to share some new pics...

This is my first experience with color on my locs and I decided to go bold!

Attachments

• IMG-20140308-00762.jpg
    IMG-20140308-00762.jpg
    494 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG-20140308-00771.jpg
    IMG-20140308-00771.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG-20140308-00772.jpg
    IMG-20140308-00772.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Ivonnovi

BrandNew. Though i missed the MLK mark I was unlocked by the beginning of Feb. I feel like I maintained a good amount of length, I did a slight trim after flat ironing; that was well after the pic below.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 53

1BalancedBeauty

So grateful for this thread!

I currently retwist my hair about every 4 to 6 weeks and shampoo every couple of weeks (being winter) with whatever shampoo I have. Dove Moisture and L'Oreal Absolute Repair are my go-to's but I'm looking for something new.

I mist my hair every couple of days with herbal braid/twist spray (my favourites are African Pride and IC Fantasia) and I seal every so often with a mix of avocado and olive oil.

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
BrandNew. Though i missed the MLK mark I was unlocked by the beginning of Feb. I feel like I maintained a good amount of length, I did a slight trim after flat ironing; that was well after the pic below.

You did retain great length! It looks great. Do you think you'll ever go back to locs?

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
So grateful for this thread!

I currently retwist my hair about every 4 to 6 weeks and shampoo every couple of weeks (being winter) with whatever shampoo I have. Dove Moisture and L'Oreal Absolute Repair are my go-to's but I'm looking for something new.

I mist my hair every couple of days with herbal braid/twist spray (my favourites are African Pride and IC Fantasia) and I seal every so often with a mix of avocado and olive oil.

Hi 1BalancedBeauty! Welcome! How long have you had your locs? Your regi is very similar to mine only I was retwisting every two months. I'm going to try to stick to every 4-6 weeks going forward.

Ivonnovi

You did retain great length! It looks great. Do you think you'll ever go back to locs?

Right now I'm enjoying the texture and feel of my unloc'd natural hair; however, if I were to loc againI would definately use a different parting pattern. Tis would be a pattern that compliments my face and hair density.