Heard about this growth aid on Micheal Baisded

daniemoy

Over the last two days I listened to Dr. Shahid on Michael Baisden and Warren Ballentine radio shows. They got me so hyped about this hair growth aid. Dr. Shahid is supposedly a well known scientist who won the NTAA Scientist is the year award. I went to the website (www.xcel-n.com).... THEN I READ THE INGREDIENTS! Vaseline is the first ingredient:nono:. Has he lost his mind? The ingredients are below. Some of the ingredients are good, but Petroleum Jelly and Mineral Oil just threw me off..Tell me what you think...

USP White Petroleum Jelly, Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Witch Hazel (14%), Mineral Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Lanolin, Tea Tree Oil, N-Acetyl Cysteine, L-Arginine, Inositol, Saw Palmetto Berry Extract, Lecithin, Methylsulfonemethane (MSM), Green Tea Extract, Multivitamin (Vitamin A, C, D, Thiamine E, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B-6, Folic Acid, Vitamin B-12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Iodine, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Chromium, Potassium, Para-Aminobenzoic Acid, Coline Bitartrate, Boron; Calcium and Magnesium in Citrate and Oxide form), Calcium Citrate, L-Methionine, Vitamin E. (Patent Pending)

dejalove26

ok this is from the website:
"Hair loss can be caused by psoriasis in which there are thick plaques of scale on the scalp. These plaques in the scalp prevent hair growth by blocking needed oxygen to the hair follicles. Hair recovery can occur once this skin condition is controlled. Eczema classified as seborrhoeic dermatitis or atopic dermatitis when it occurs in the scalp also causes temporarily hair loss."

I would thing petroleum jelly and mineral oil would also clog up hair follicles and block oxygen so how is that helping the problem? It just doesn't make sense but i'm sure he'll sell alot of it since hair growth aids are one of the best selling beauty products.

HoneyDew

I can see how it might help someone with hairloss as a result of some problem. Many of the other products have petroluem jelly and mineral oil in them.

Most of the ladies using growth aids on LHCF do not have hairloss because of some health or skin problem so i really don't think most of us need to even consider using something like this.

daniemoy

I don't get Basiden here...what did they say about this "growth aid" that got you so excited?

Warren Ballentine really boasted about him being a well known scientist and he answered many questions about hair growth.. I caught the end of the Baisden show but caught the website name..with his scientific background I figured his product might be alright

daniemoy

I can see how it might help someone with hairloss as a result of some problem. Many of the other products have petroluem jelly and mineral oil in them.

Most of the ladies using growth aids on LHCF do not have hairloss because of some health or skin problem so i really don't think most of us need to even consider using something like this.

I don't use products with petroleum jelly or mineral oil. My hair hates them. In his site it also address the product helping with growth besides women and men with hair loss...

sareca

Balsamic Vinegar? :huh: The rest of the ingredients don't bother me. I haven't used vaseline on my hair since was a kid, but my hair likes mineral oil.

Twisties

I wouldn't do well with the lanolin. But when I had hairloss, the oinment that the dermatologist gave me had a base of petroleum jelly and it worked. I don't think the mineral oil and petro is bad unless you don't wash your hair regularly.