Heat cap vs. Steamer

kgard7777

Does anyone have reviews of both a heat cap and a steamer? I am trying to avoid spending the money on a steamer. Do you know if the heat therapy cap gives the same results as a steamer?

Ladybelle

I have both, and I must say the heat cap is no contest for the steamer. Although I use both of them, the steamer provides intense moisture and deep conditioning like nobody's business! :yep:

Even with using the same conditioning product, & sitting under each piece of equipment for the same amounts of time, I can feel the difference in my hair. The steamer gives better results.

The steamer makes the hair sooooo soft & manageable, but not too soft. It still has the strength it needs to do what it needs to do. I guess the best way to compare the two is that the heat cap is a knock off gucci bag while the steamer is the real deal!! :lachen:You can get away with the knock off and have nice, decent results but if you can afford the steamer - it is certainly worth the money for the long term benefit.Your hair will thank you for it.

If you can't get the steamer right now or just don't want to, I would suggest you find the thread on here about the do it yourself steam treatment where you wrap your hair in a towel, then plastic, then a towel again and sit under a dryer, this is what a steamer does for you except the steamer does it even better!!!!

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I too have both. I like them both. And each serves a specific purpose for Me. I have a 3 Speed Heat Cap (low, med, high) and for Me, the Heat Cap provides an intense sort of baking heat. Sometimes, I feel like I want that intense feel.:blush:

For Example 2 weeks ago when I self relaxed, I used the Heat Cap for my Protein Treatment. It Felt Wonderful. And When it came time for me to DC (with Moisture) I used the Steamer. And it Felt Great.

I love my Steamer. And For Me, it does something entirely different. Imagine a Tea Kettle or a Steam Iron. It is Emitting Mist of Steam, so it's a totally different experience. Totally Moisturizing.:grin:

A Baking Heat Or Steam. Oven Or Tea Kettle. An Iron on Steam. An Iron on Dry Press.:look:

Both are quite different. So you see, I get Great Use out of both.

However, If I was looking to purchase Just One, it would probably be the Steamer because of the Moisturizing and My Hair needs alot of Moisture because I use alot of Protein.:yep:

vkb247

I own a heating cap but have only had steam treatment at a salon under a professional steamer. There is nothing like a steamer. Those treatments were so great.