HEAT DAMAGE... Plz post pics

moriahar

What exactly does heat damage look like? How do I know if I have it? Will someone please post pics of their heat damage and how they over came it?

Fine 4s

Hmmmm....I have pictures of what WET heat damage hair looks like which is the best way to detect when the strand is over processed with heat. It stays stick straight, no curls or kinks in comparison to other 'normal' hair on your head.

Unfortunately, you'll have to look in my February post where I show pics of what mine looked like. Sorry :(

Solitude

Dry, frizzy ends that break off when you touch them. I don't have any pics. Pre-LHCF when I abused heat, I also got constant trims.

The little broken hairs, like little itty bitty ones on your shirt, and in the sink are not normal.

Fine 4s

Also, my begining pic is what my strands looked like when I abused heat. If you look at my hair today with no heat, BIG difference.

moriahar

Thanks ladies.

I was trying to see what it looks like. I have a section of hair that does have texture but it is just not the same as the rest of my hair. I was wondering if this could be heat damage.....

But I doubt it because I do the exact same thing to all of my hair. This one side does not get a higher heat concentration than the rest of my head.

NaturallyMo

I have a small section of heat damage just above my left ear from a straightening test I did a while ago, when I really didn't know what I was doing. I learned why heat protectants are crucial that day.

Here is the section wet

And dry. You can see the area to the R of the pic (over my left ear) that is looser than the rest of my hair. When my hair is stretched, or i wear puffs, this section is completely straight.

Vonnieluvs08

I have pics in my Fotki in the BC album and the next album that shows what my heat damaged hair looked like. I had some hair that was just elongated curls and other parts that were straight. Luckily time and patience has allowed me to rid myself of all of it (well almost).

Good Luck!

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Here is a picture of my heat/henna damaged hair taken at the end of last year. I am natural, but you can see my curl pattern is virtually non-existent in the front / sides. I ended up cutting it off ... about 4-6 inches total. I could have cut it little by little, but I just wanted to be done with it.

Oh well ... lesson learned. :ohwell:

westNDNbeauty

Girl, this is LHCF, you know we all have healthy hair! :rofl:

J/K, here is a video of a girl who said her hair is heat damaged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27kzdh7KBV0

Her hair definitely is heat damaged.

Also, OP, don't be fooled, heat protectant will not prevent heat damage. There is nothing you can do, besides know your hair's heat tolerance to protect your hair from being heat damaged. You should also make sure your hair is well conditioned before the use of heat. This will make your hair easier to straighten and prevent you from making too many passes of the flat iron or hot comb.

kurlybella

hey guys, i just wanted to share this great and detailed story i did on my blog from another natural that experienced heat damage.

i experienced it myself last year after getting my hair pressed at a salon. it was a small section in the back of my head - about an inch across - and i STILL have not gotten it all out.

since it's so long and has TONS AND TONS OF PICTURES, i'm not going to repost, but you can check it out here: http://bit.ly/akJyod

pookaloo83

hey guys, i just wanted to share this great and detailed story i did on my blog from another natural that experienced heat damage.

i experienced it myself last year after getting my hair pressed at a salon. it was a small section in the back of my head - about an inch across - and i STILL have not gotten it all out.

since it's so long and has TONS AND TONS OF PICTURES, i'm not going to repost, but you can check it out here: http://bit.ly/akJyod

Wow! Her hair looked so dry!