Heat protectant: Matrix Iron Smoother - FABULOUS!

longhair1

So I'm trying not to use blowdryers, so thought I'd try a flatiron - got a cheap ceramic and then went looking for this new Matrix Iron Smoother which is supposed to protect from heat damage from appliances up to 450 degrees - IT'S WONDERFUL. My hair was shiny and strong after using it, I didn't have to go over sections over and over to get it straight after air drying, and stood up to humidity amazingly several days later. It's from their Smoothing line - never used any of the other products - but I was intrigued by the ads and claims for protectant strength. The bottle (it's a spray-on) cost way too much, but it will last forever and ever.

Allandra

I've seen this product advertised in Allure magazine. I've always wondered about it. I may give it a try one of these days. Although I don't flat iron my hair often, it seems like a good product to have on hand for when I do flat iron. Thanks for the review.

carrie

Is this a salon only product? Or can I buy at a store? I don't remember with the Matrix line.

vickiepickles

All About Me!
Hey, I tried this a couple of months ago and was disappointed with it. It made my hair hard, almost like a strong hairspray and then to flat iron after that made it even harder and brittle. It is not like the Redken Heat Glide in that it is not a serum, but again, more like a hair spray. Maybe you have a different hair type long hair, than I do. I am type 3c/4a. Mostly 4a.