Heat Protectant Recommendations

senimoni

Hey Ladies,

So.....I'm going to flat iron my hair. I have a wedding to go to and I really don't want to wear a bun. Can someone recommend a cheap heat protectant b/c its not going to be used often anyway.

senimoni

Thanks for the tips

I already have NTM Healing Shine Serum...didn't realize that was a heat protectant, maybe I will stick with that.

sexylonglegs

I use the ION heat protectant from sally also.. it makes your hair feel like silk when hot curling or flat ironing...
:lol:

Good Luck

bajanplums1

Black Sista said:
I use the ION heat protectant from sally also.. it makes your hair feel like silk when hot curling or flat ironing...
:lol:

Good Luck

do you know what the ingredients are in this product?

Ashee

Lustrasilk Smooth Ends:up:
Garnier Fructis Strong & Long Serum:up:
Garnier Fructis Smoothing Milk:up:
Garnier Fructis Anti-Frizz Serum:up:

Last edited:

baglady215

I'm in love with Kenra Silkening Gloss, but you said CHEAP... That junk is $15 but it really is magic in a shiny silver bottle :lol: . NTM is a good choice as well.

chellee

How do you apply these heat protectants? For the serums, do you apply them to each section or do you rub the serum in the palm of your hand and run your hand through your hair before flat ironing in sections? Same question for the coconut oil.

The ION heat protection from Sally's, is that a liquid, wax or what?

The Biosilk silk therapy, is this a spray bottle? Sections or entire head?

Thanks in advance for responding. I want some silky hair.

baglady215

chellee said:
How do you apply these heat protectants? For the serums, do you apply them to each section or do you rub the serum in the palm of your hand and run your hand through your hair before flat ironing in sections? Same question for the coconut oil.

The ION heat protection from Sally's, is that a liquid, wax or what?

The Biosilk silk therapy, is this a spray bottle? Sections or entire head?

Thanks in advance for responding. I want some silky hair.

For me, I use a serum and some oil (Hot 6 Oil). I apply in small sections. I'll part the back row, apply the serum/oil mix (rub in my hands and apply), and then section smaller pieces and flat iron.

I don't know about ION but Biosilk comes in a bottle.