Heating oil for a hot oil treatment

jazzyfunknastee

I'm just wondering how everybody else does it. I put the oil and/or honey in a nozzle tipped bottle and put it in a jar or cup of hot tap water. Then I use another bottle or something to immerse it so everything but the nozzle is heated then I shake it so the warmth is distributed. I've tried using the microwave to heat it but even if I put it in for 10 seconds it starts sizzling. I think my microwave is too strong.

I never heat my oil before applying it. I figure it's gonna heat up anyway, once I sit under the dryer with my plastic cap. Is this wrong?
drunk.gif

The key thing Armyqt is to allow the oils to penetrate the hair and moisturize it. How one does that is a matter of preference.

I think your method is quite right. The heat from the dryer warms the oils in your hair; the only difference is that brh and jazzy heat them beforehand.

Glad I could help Armyqt!

Maybe on the next treatment, you can try heating the oils before and see if you like the results. Like brh and jazzy, I warm the oils before applying them.

Mia

Army, I don't there's a wrong or right way. I'm strange about certain things so I like my hot oil treatments to be hot (well warm anyway lol) before it goes into my hair since I don't sit under a dryer or heat cap with it. Plus I don't really like the smell of olive oil so warming it beforehand kinda lessens the odor.

Jazz,

You said: "Army, I don't(think...edited) there's a wrong or right way."

Yea, there is
grin.gif
Why is it called a hot or warm oil treatment? Mmmmmmm....had to rib you!

Army, I think you should try warming the oil for sure. That gives you the initial penetration and with the plastic cap and dryer, well that's utter saturation.

I always warm the oil!

~Jade~

Back