Hello Everyone! Newbie here.

urbanchic85

Hey ladies. I decided that I would finally introduce myself after lurking for a while. I am so inspired by so many of you ladies, and I love all of the healthy hair advice on the website.

My hair is natural, but I press it twice a month. Does that mean it's still natural? I've never had a relaxer. I think my hair is 4a/4b. It used to be very thick until I tried to clarify with baking soda and used 2 cups instead of 2 tbl.:ohwell: Needless to say that caused alot of shedding. I did this about last year at this time and my hair still hasn't fully recovered. I try to take care of it using advice from this board. My hair is about shoulder length in the back and chin length in the front. I wash my hair every week, but like two days before a wash day I have alot of shedding and I don't know why. :perplexed I moisturize my hair daily and do scalp massages nightly.

Sorry this is so long ladies, but any advice would be appreciated!

KiniKakes

Hey girl!!! Welcome to the board!!!!! :D Look forward to chatting with you!

*gasp* @ 2 cups instead of 2 tbs. :lol: Sorry, I shouldnt laugh... but I know that many of us have made similar mistakes that, in retrospect, we could kick ourselves for.

Im sure that your hair will fully recover, and then some, once you spend more time here. This is a great bunch of ladies, who are really knowledgeable and also more than happy to share their wisdom!

urbanchic85

You can laugh that was a stupid mistake. I can laugh at it now. It probably wouldn't have been that bad if I hadn't put corn rows in my hair right after. :perplexed Anyway my hair is actin better now.

Thanks for the welcome, and I like the Betty Boop shirt. :)

Angelicus

Hello! :wave: I love this board. You will read and receive tons of advice. I am so sorry about your mishap, but everybody makes mistakes... I know I did :rofl: so just have a great time growing and learning more about hair.

Remember that we lose up to 100 strands a day or more everyday without even noticing. I don't comb my hair everyday so when I do comb it in the shower, all that hair comes out and scares me. maybe you're paranoid, or maybe not. Some things that can stop shedding is garlic oil added to shampoos and conditioners. It is stinky but that's what they do in the Carribean. Also Cinnamon oil can help stop shedding-- add a little to your shampoo or conditioner. You can even buy products with these ingredients in them.

Good luck to you!

Mestiza

to LHCF, urbanchic85! :wave: