Hello ladies I need of some relaxer help I have very fine hair

Curves33

I am in desperate need of some help I'm going on 9 wks post relaxer (my first time stretching this long) it's time for a relaxer I can't deal with this new growth... I would like to know what is the best relaxer for very fine hair? I have tried ORS olive oil (lye) it does not last long in my hair after 2 weeks it looks like I don't have a relaxer in my hair :wallbash:... Please ladies help me .... Thank you in advance.

sqzbly1908

Hello and Welcome - I have very fine hair as well and I have been using Mizani Butter Blend (Lye) for fine/color-treated hair and it has really made a difference with my hair.....I have used it for my last four relaxers and will not use anything else (if I can help it)

SwoopSui

I have very fine 4a/b hair and I use the optimum relaxer anti breakage formula in regular HTH

btw there is an optimum relaxer for specifically for fine hair but i've found it isnt strong enough for my hair texture

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I use Mizani Butter Blend (Lye) for fine/color-treated hair, but I made the mistake of leaving the relaxer on too long and relaxing bone straight. Other ladies here have suggested that fine-haired ladies try texturing or not leaving the relaxer on too long. From now on, I will texlax every 12 to 16 weeks rather than stretching my normal 20 to 24 weeks. Stretching helps with length but leaving the relaxer on too long leads to see-through strands. :nono:

They also suggest doing a protein conditioner like Porosity Control after rinsing out the relaxer and before the neutralizing step. Rollersetting and flexirod styles for the first week or so makes fine hair look fuller.

I relaxed this past weekend and will do a light to medium protein this coming weekend to strengthen my hair and prevent breakage.

Hope this helps some. :welcome:

Curves33

Hello and Welcome - I have very fine hair as well and I have been using Mizani Butter Blend (Lye) for fine/color-treated hair and it has really made a difference with my hair.....I have used it for my last four relaxers and will not use anything else (if I can help it)

Hello and Thank you... ur hair is beautiful it looks very healthy... My cousin works in a salon & she thinks that Mizani is very strong. I think I'm going to try it myself to see how it works for me. Is it in a box that you have to mix?

Curves33

I have very fine 4a/b hair and I use the optimum relaxer anti breakage formula in regular HTH

btw there is an optimum relaxer for specifically for fine hair but i've found it isnt strong enough for my hair texture

I don't know what type of hair I have as far 4a/b c I'm clueless when it comes to that... The relaxer that you use is it a lye relaxer?

Curves33

I use Mizani Butter Blend (Lye) for fine/color-treated hair, but I made the mistake of leaving the relaxer on too long and relaxing bone straight. Other ladies here have suggested that fine-haired ladies try texturing or not leaving the relaxer on too long. From now on, I will texlax every 12 to 16 weeks rather than stretching my normal 20 to 24 weeks. Stretching helps with length but leaving the relaxer on too long leads to see-through strands. :nono:

They also suggest doing a protein conditioner like Porosity Control after rinsing out the relaxer and before the neutralizing step. Rollersetting and flexirod styles for the first week or so makes fine hair look fuller.

I relaxed this past weekend and will do a light to medium protein this coming weekend to strengthen my hair and prevent breakage.

Hope this helps some. :welcome:

Thank you Serenity :grin:... What exactly does texlaxing do for your hair?

sqzbly1908

Hello and Thank you... ur hair is beautiful it looks very healthy... My cousin works in a salon & she thinks that Mizani is very strong. I think I'm going to try it myself to see how it works for me. Is it in a box that you have to mix?

Thanks Curves!!! The old Mizani Rhelaxer is strong....I can't stand it!!!

But the newer version - the Butter Blends is the tha' Truth!!!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Thank you Serenity :grin:... What exactly does texlaxing do for your hair?

You apply the relaxer but don't leave it on for the full required amount of time. If the required time is 20 minutes, you leave it on for 1/2 that time or less. Even ladies who don't have fine hair find that texlaxing is much healthier for your strands and preserves the natural thickness. My mistake of leaving the relaxer on too long is reversible I think. I need to up the protein and maintain moisture. Do protective styles like rollersetting and flexirods that give the hair more volume and body. I like protective styles like French rolls or bunning as I proceed in my stretch, normally after the first 6 weeks or so. :yep:

Firefly

I also use the Mizani Butter Blends and I love it. I have fine/thin 4a/4b hair and I started with the MBB for fine hair but ended up having to switch to the regular which is Perfect for me (in the past when I relaxed, I always had to use the mildest). I use the MBB Lye and there is no mixing. It comes in a tub and you can save any leftovers for your next relaxer (you can't do that with a no-lye relaxer).

HTH!!

Curves33

Please ladies that use Mizani BB can you let me know if you use the whole kit or not. If you don't use the whole kit what do you use with the relaxer?

sqzbly1908

I don't use the whole kit - I just use the relaxer -Silk Elements neutralizing shampoo (any neutralizing shampoo should be fine) - after rinsing the relaxer I use Ultra Sheen Duo Tex to help with porosity and strengthen it as it is for fine hair, use the neutralizing shampoo, deep condish or use color rinse then deep condish and then rollerset....The last time I relaxed was the 3rd time I self relaxed - I now only go to the salons for trims -

Patricia

I am in desperate need of some help I'm going on 9 wks post relaxer (my first time stretching this long) it's time for a relaxer I can't deal with this new growth... I would like to know what is the best relaxer for very fine hair? I have tried ORS olive oil (lye) it does not last long in my hair after 2 weeks it looks like I don't have a relaxer in my hair :wallbash:... Please ladies help me .... Thank you in advance.
I know what you mean thats why I switched to just for me no lye. I was defeating the purpose of relaxing with lye and my hair was not even halfway straight

Curves33

I know what you mean thats why I switched to just for me no lye. I was defeating the purpose of relaxing with lye and my hair was not even halfway straight

Does the no lye work better for your hair? A lot of women on LHCF say that lye relaxers are better for your hair..