Help All Those Who Know About Weaves!

NewYorkgyrl

My college graduation is coming up next week and I want to get my hair done. I have been thinking about trying a weave. The problem is I don't know the best place to get it done. ALL my NY girls please help me. Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Westchester, but preferably the Bronx.
What is the salon called and who should I ask for. Do they take appointments etc..

And for those not from NY how much is a good price to pay to get a weave. Should I get I full hair weave (sew in). is there a difference in the hair that is used. I am sooooooo lost. Please help!

Lorraine

I don't live in NY/NJ so I can't help you find a resource. However, I used to wear a weave for at least two years back in the day. When you get it done be sure to inquire how they braid your hair before they add the synthetic hair. The way they braid it could make a world of difference. I used to get weaves and preferred the stylist braid my hair in cornrows from crown to my nape area. That way the synthetic hair lays down once sewn in. Some stylists will braid your hair from ear to ear or in one big circular motion. Once they get to the center the synthetic hair tends to stick up.

Also, ask them if the price includes hair (if so what color and length do they have) or if you have to purchase and bring your own. Where I live the girl charged $150 (hair included). I wore mine rather long (14-inches) and preferred Milky Way because it was course like my hair and not European silky and shaky.