HELP An area of my hair is see thru!!!

Sunnrayy

Hello Ladies,

:wallbash::wallbash: I am so upset right now because I have had a see thru spot on the left side of my hair for awhile now. I am re-starting my hair journey and wondering if I should just cut off my hair to the thickest part which would mean a very short bob? Is there something I can do to thicken up this part of my hair or will I just have to cut it all off? Please help ladies:look:

Nonie

Why is it see-through? Broken-off ends or just the hair growing there sparsely?

If it's sparse you can probably grow in hair to fill in the sparse area (using the many methods shared on the forum), but since it's growing from scratch so you will still have that see-through section since the thicker hair will be shorter. So you could either find ways to style your hair that disguise the see-through section till you have a length you'd be comfortable wearing and then trim all the hair to the thickest part.

And if it's see-through from ends breaking, then again, you will eventually have to trim to that thick section, but again you could do it gradually as you let your hair grow to a length you like, styling it in a way that hides the fact.

MD_Lady

Hello Ladies,

:wallbash::wallbash: I am so upset right now because I have had a see thru spot on the left side of my hair for awhile now. I am re-starting my hair journey and wondering if I should just cut off my hair to the thickest part which would mean a very short bob? Is there something I can do to thicken up this part of my hair or will I just have to cut it all off? Please help ladies:look:

I am going through the very SAME thing... and have been for several months. :wallbash: I had breakage in the SAME section of my hair last year and I am STILL in the process of growing it back. :mad: I was able to get my hair cut in a style that camoflauges the breakage and can also wear my it back, but I found myself trimming on several occasions because I have been uncomfortable with the appearance of my ends. I haven't started making progress until recently because I only started assessing the problem in March. :perplexed Based on my experience, I'd suggest that you:

1. Think about what makes you comfortable. If thickness is more important to you than length, trimming would be a good option. If you want to retain length, try finding styles that will allow you to maintain your length without showcasing hair thinness. Basically, you have to do what makes you feel best about your hair. :yep: Since it sounds like you aren't happy with your hair looking so thin, a trim might be a good idea.

2. Determine why your hair looks thin. Do some sections of your hair grow slower than others? Do you have breakage? If fullness is your concern, and you aren't concerned about length, cutting your hair is the best way for it to look thicker in the short-term. If that section of your hair grows slower, be prepared to wear shorter styles for a long time while it "catches up" with the rest of your hair. If breakage is the culprit, make sure you address the underlying issue so that you won't have to deal with the same problem in the future. In my case, the hair that broke off was coarser and drier than the rest of my hair so I FINALLY :rolleyes: realized that I had to moisturize it more frequently and manipulate it more gently when I got close to the time to get a touch up. As luck would have it :rolleyes: this area also grows more slowly, so I started taking a supplements to speed up my growth. I seem to be making progress :look: but I just wish I could have starting seriously working on this sooner.

Best of luck! :grin:

Sunnrayy

Why is it see-through? Broken-off ends or just the hair growing there sparsely?

If it's sparse you can probably grow in hair to fill in the sparse area (using the many methods shared on the forum), but since it's growing from scratch so you will still have that see-through section since the thicker hair will be shorter. So you could either find ways to style your hair that disguise the see-through section till you have a length you'd be comfortable wearing and then trim all the hair to the thickest part.

And if it's see-through from ends breaking, then again, you will eventually have to trim to that thick section, but again you could do it gradually as you let your hair grow to a length you like, styling it in a way that hides the fact.

Thanks for your response. There is a bit of breakage in this left area but in general it just seems to grow more sparse than other areas. I might just have to cut it off to the thicker part and rock a nape length bob:ohwell:. I'm just scared that if I do that than it will still grow back the same way if I don't figure out what to do to make it grow healthier in that section.

Nonie

Massaging that section with some of the oils/products that have helped others thicken their hair might help. Perhaps the concoction I used to regrow my bald spot? See my story and the recipe of the concoction here. Otherwise, you could try other products like Boundless Tresses. Massaging that section will help improve blood flow to it, and hopefully the nourishment of follicles there.

Sunnrayy

I am going through the very SAME thing... and have been for several months. :wallbash: I had breakage in the SAME section of my hair last year and I am STILL in the process of growing it back. :mad: I was able to get my hair cut in a style that camoflauges the breakage and can also wear my it back, but I found myself trimming on several occasions because I have been uncomfortable with the appearance of my ends. I haven't started making progress until recently because I only started assessing the problem in March. :perplexed Based on my experience, I'd suggest that you:

1. Think about what makes you comfortable. If thickness is more important to you than length, trimming would be a good option. If you want to retain length, try finding styles that will allow you to maintain your length without showcasing hair thinness. Basically, you have to do what makes you feel best about your hair. :yep: Since it sounds like you aren't happy with your hair looking so thin, a trim might be a good idea.

2. Determine why your hair looks thin. Do some sections of your hair grow slower than others? Do you have breakage? If fullness is your concern, and you aren't concerned about length, cutting your hair is the best way for it to look thicker in the short-term. If that section of your hair grows slower, be prepared to wear shorter styles for a long time while it "catches up" with the rest of your hair. If breakage is the culprit, make sure you address the underlying issue so that you won't have to deal with the same problem in the future. In my case, the hair that broke off was coarser and drier than the rest of my hair so I FINALLY :rolleyes: realized that I had to moisturize it more frequently and manipulate it more gently when I got close to the time to get a touch up. As luck would have it :rolleyes: this area also grows more slowly, so I started taking a supplements to speed up my growth. I seem to be making progress :look: but I just wish I could have starting seriously working on this sooner.

Best of luck! :grin:

Thanks MD Lady. :yep:You gave some great suggestions. I'm thinking about cutting it or maybe getting some braids until it thickens up. Has anyone ever gotten braids and they completely thickened up their hair? Or at least filled in some see thru spots?

Nonie

I was wearing braids when I regrew my spot in, but I don't think they had anything to do with the filling up. I think it was more the massage and the concoction and perhaps changing my diet.

Sunnrayy

Massaging that section with some of the oils/products that have helped others thicken their hair might help. Perhaps the concoction I used to regrow my bald spot? See my story and the recipe of the concoction here. Otherwise, you could try other products like Boundless Tresses. Massaging that section will help improve blood flow to it, and hopefully the nourishment of follicles there.

Thanks Nonie:yep:

:walking: Off to check out your concoction now