HELP BKT ing my hair RIGHT NOW!!!!! BKTers get in here...

BSweet

ok i applied the BKT..from my research..everyone says you don't need that much..so i applied about a little more than 1 oz to my 16 week post hair..

im on the blow drying portion right now..after doing a couple of sections..my roots are still pretty rough.. does that mean i should apply more?..or is that normal?...cause eveyone always says their hair is pretty silky after the blow dry and just flat iron to seal it in..

or will my hair show results after flat ironng..

is this normal..what should i do..HELP!!!

sheba1

This.is.your.first.time.and.you.applied.it.to.roots.only?...or.you.applied.all.over.and.just.your.roots.feel
rough?...If.you've.applied.to.roots.only.I.would.suggest.applying.full.head...

If.you.applied.all.over.and.your.roots.just.still.feel.rough..but.the.rest.is.smooth,I.say.wait.til.the
flat.iron.and.you.should.be.ok...Each.piece.should.be.super.silky.before.you.move.on.when.flat.ironing
though

Keen

I hope you let it sit in your hair for sometimes before you blow dry. I like to let it air dry. I think it's normal for your roots to still be in its natural state. What is your hair type?

*fabulosity*

B..
How did you put it on? Did you use a brush or your fingers... did you bring it all the way down the shaft? How are you doing the blowdry? I have one of those flat iron brushes that I use to blow dry before I flat iron. (You know you can clamp it with the bristles in between)...

Don't put any more on... Finish the blowdry 100%. Flat iron each section (small sections) until it is silky. If you don't like the results... wash in 2 days. You can reapply more in a couple weeks. You should be fiine. I think you will like it.

BSweet

I applied it to the roots..then combed it through..like in brittanys videos..the rest of my hair is relaxed..so i concentrated on the 16 week post new growth..however my hair wasn't damp when i was done..

i applied it in small sections..about over an 1 oz..to my whole head..then combed it through..then i waited a little and starting blow drying a small section..and my roots are still pretty rough..

so is it normal cause it's my first bkt..or should i go back and apply more?

BSweet

Just my roots are rough..the rest of my hair is normal

i used a brush to apply and i'm using a blow dryer with a comb and doing it in small sections..

my hair is mostly 4b

so normal or not normal?..need more or just wait till i flat iron?

Last edited:

sheba1

See.but.Brittany.applies.it.that.way.because.the.rest.of.her.hair.already.has.layers.of.BKT.on.it
I'm.not.crazy.about.a.roots.only.app.for.the.first.BKT.because.there's.still.a.line.of.demarcation..
actually,two,now.the.place.where.the.new.growth.stops...and.the.place.where.the.BKT.stops

I'm.sure.it'll.be.fine.though...like.Fab's.said.you.can.always.reapply.later.

BSweet

Ok well i appleid it to all the new growth then combee it through..the rest of my hair does feel normal..but i think im gonna apply a little more befor i finish blow drying the rest cause my roots are not the bizzness right now...

sheba1

Hi sheba,
why is theres a period after every word? Im just curious

Ugh..my.blasted.keyboard.is.on.the.fritz...I.have.yet.to.pick.up.a.new.one.so.I'm
making.due.til.I.do...I'm.not.posting,really,until.it's.fixed.but.this.was.an.emergency
:lol:

BSweet

alright ya i went applied the rest of the bottle..my roots are more damp..and they already look more relaxed..i think the 1 oz just wasn't enough for these naps..so maybe when i re apply..thats when i will need less

im gonna wait a little before i blow dry

Sheba..i also applied a bit more to the length of my hair..it feels coated now..

THANKS EVERYBODY for responding so quick!!!!!

ill keep ya posted after i flat iron..

BSweet

alright ya...everything turned out fine..my hair is silky..and smooth at the roots..

the key is definantly to flat iron..

i must say im a BKT fan now..i think it might be the boost my hair needs to grow out the damage..which already looks 10 times better than what it did..still have a long way to go tho..

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!

BSweet

Glad to hear it turned out well!
Are you going to take any pics? :look:

i would but there is literraly a hole in the back of my head due to damage i'm too embarassed..:lachen:...im glad to say the hole is slowly filling in...but as far as the actual hair..i did get nice results..

Keen

alright ya i went applied the rest of the bottle..my roots are more damp..and they already look more relaxed..i think the 1 oz just wasn't enough for these naps..so maybe when i re apply..thats when i will need less

im gonna wait a little before i blow dry

Sheba..i also applied a bit more to the length of my hair..it feels coated now..

THANKS EVERYBODY for responding so quick!!!!!

ill keep ya posted after i flat iron..

That's why I asked what's your hair type. My hair is 4B and soak up more BKT than other people. The upside is, after BKT your hair will really only need a dime size of products.