HELP! Generic Biosilk Silk Therapy (Sally's)

Babygurl

HELP! Generic Biosilk Silk Therapy (Sally\'s)

I have been using the BioSilk Silk Therapy the last couple of times I flat-ironed. I LOVE the results and this product smells SO good. I was wondering if anyone has used the generic version from Sally's? I went in to look for it today, I saw it, of course read the ingredients and they were the same, 2 things really bothered me though. The product smelled like rubbing alcohol and it was definately more watery than the original. Anyone use it with good results compared to the original. THANKS!

blackhair

Re: HELP! Generic Biosilk Silk Therapy (Sally\'s)

Babygurl why do you want to switch to ghe generic one. For experience I know that sometimes it is not cheaper. The professional products are very often on sale with a great rebate. Cotsco has the big bottle of 1l @ 11 $. Please compare both prices fist before buying the knokoff. You might be amazed how far the authentic one is cheaper when on sale.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Yep, I remember how much the generic smelled like alcohol. That led me to believe that it has tons more alcohol in it than the original. Stick with what you've got.

Babygurl

[ QUOTE ]
blackhair said:
Babygurl why do you want to switch to ghe generic one. For experience I know that sometimes it is not cheaper. The professional products are very often on sale with a great rebate. Cotsco has the big bottle of 1l @ 11 $. Please compare both prices fist before buying the knokoff. You might be amazed how far the authentic one is cheaper when on sale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know of anywhere else that sells this product, I am not willing to pay for the Costco membership stricly for the purchase of Biosilk, I dont shop at Costco AT ALL.

Desert Skye

I tried the generic brand of Biosilk and i didnt like it as much as the original Biosilk.

The Generic seemed more slimy and sticky and it didnt keep my hair as shiny as long as the real Biosilk. But i used other Generic products from Sally's that are just as good as the real brands.

Jaelin

Drugstore.com has it. ETA, just noticed it's temporarily out of stock. Also here:
Misikko
folica

I am now suspicious of the bottle that I bought from my local BSS because it is sticky and smells of alcohol. I think the owner is pulling a fast one, because it is a very popular item for the store.

glossyxlipz, I like your album.

inthepink

I had this product. It DOES smell like alcohol. I threw mine away when I realized that it contains alcohol.

Bought mine from trade secret. The first thing i noticed when i put it in my hand was a sudden coolness, then i looked at the ingredients and saw the alcohol. Now when i put some in my hand i kinda fan my hands so the alcohol dries...don't know if this is actually making a difference though.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

[ QUOTE ]
diamonddollfla said:
Bought mine from trade secret. The first thing i noticed when i put it in my hand was a sudden coolness, then i looked at the ingredients and saw the alcohol. Now when i put some in my hand i kinda fan my hands so the alcohol dries...don't know if this is actually making a difference though.

[/ QUOTE ]

It should. I heard on a news report once that this kind of alcohol in hair products evaporates before it ever touches your hair.

Leslie_C

if u have an ULTA nearby they usually have coupons online for 3.50 off a purchase of $10 or more...I plan to probably use it for that sometime when I go through my other stuff...