HELP! I am facing a setback!

DivaEsq

HELP! I am facing a setback (straight pieces and damage)

My hair has been growing well since my BC in Nov 2006. About 3 weeks ago I went to my hairdresser. I don't go often but she always does a really good job and I have never had a problem with her using too much heat on my hair or anything like that. After I washed my hair I had several pieces that were straight or they did not have the same curl pattern as before. I guess hair was damaged from all of the heat. One side of my hair is the exact same as it was and the other side has looser curls and straight pieces. . Will these pieces ever revert or will I have to cut my hair?

I don't really have strict regimen I cowash daily and shampoo about 1-2 a week. I use: Creme of Nature Shampoo or Suave Clarifying Shampoo, Granier Fructis Curl and Shine Conditioner I also use a Cholesterol Conditioner about 3x a week. I use Noodle Head(Beyond Zone) when I am wearing it curly. I just started getting my hair done by a Dominican lady I go about every 2 wks.

My hair has been growing really well so I did not really think about changing up my simple regimen but now I think i need to. I usually wear my hair straight this time of year but I am not sure about putting heat on my hair because of the damage. It doesn't look good when i wear it curly b/c of the significant difference in the two textures.

Anyone have this happen to them? What can I add to my regimen?

Thanks Ladies

Last edited:
I'm sorry that I don't have any advice to offer you. All I can say is to hang in there honey, it will be okay. I know how you feel about having a setback. I'm suffering through one of my own right now, so maybe we can help each other get through this together!!

Back