HELP! I am losing my hair

euronda

I had surgery in August and my hair is falling out from the anesthesia. What can I do? I was told that this could happen; although, I never thought it would. Please help me...I chopped my hair off last year and had grown it back to the length on the pictures, but now it has broken off to about an inch in some areas. Is there any help without chopping it all off again?

Attachments

• IMG00021-20101230-1849.jpg
    IMG00021-20101230-1849.jpg
    469.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG00347-20101025-1744.jpg
    IMG00347-20101025-1744.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 22

Platinum

What's your current regimen? Do you relax your hair? If so, how often do you relax? Have you tried a protein treatment like Aphogee? Maybe you can try a protective style like a sew-in.

I hope some of the hair gurus can chime in to help you.

Nonie

euronda My initial thoughts were "If it was the anesthesia, then this is a passing phase and as soon as its effects are out of your system, your hair will go back to normal". And it seems that's the case from the account in the post below.

Perhaps you could just get a physical just to acertain that iron deficiency, thyroid issues are not a problem. If you're seeing one-inch hairs, could that be new hair that has been growing in? Because if it isn't, then it's breakage not hair loss that is going on; hair loss makes me think of hair falling out from the roots leaving bald spots. If it's breakage, then diet and regimen as Platinum said could need some tweaking.

Anyway here's the account of someone who had surgery: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=659188

Tiye

What's your diet like and do you take vitamins? Your hair probably isn't in the best condition coz your body is still recovering. When you feed yourself foods rich in phyto nutrients and omega 3 fatty acids this will help you recover. If you google this issue you'll find lots of references about the types of foods to eat and vitamins to take. I would prefer to cut my hair and start fresh, but if you don't want to go that route then maybe keep your hair cornrowed most of the time and wear a wig until the broken off areas fill back in.