HELP ME!! I HAVE SCALP SCABS FROM A RELAXER!!!

PrincessDiva

After a 5 month stretch I went to the salon today & got a relaxer...The time she left it on was minimal & as soon as it started to tingle she washED it out, but now I have a head full of scalp scabs!!! I`m hoping my hair doesn`t fall out & all my hard work here literally goes down the drain!! has anyone else experience this after a relaxer? what should I do? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

Ebonygurl00

I got TONS of scabs on my scalp at my last relaxer.:mad: I found that after a few days, the scabs "washed" away. I don't know if that makes sense, lol. I put some Elucence MB Conditioner on my scalp and let it sit there for about 45 mins. After I rinsed it out, my scalp was happy again! I did this about 4 days after the relaxer. HTH!

Divine Inspiration

Hmmm...I've never burned like that, but it sounds like you may need to apply aloe vera gelly or something to speed the healing and soothe your scalp. Also, you may want to consider a different relaxer or a different stylist...whichever the culprit was.

HTH

{DI}

CreoleBelle

I would get them everytime I got a relaxer. Back home we call them "chemical burns". I think it's from keeping the relaxer on too long in addition to scratching on relaxer day. Actually come to think of it, last week's relaxer didn't give me chemical burns:grin:. I usually just put grease on them and eventually they will peel off while you wash your hair. Just don't pick at them. You'll pull your hair out like that.

Last edited:

luvlonghair

Like the other ladies have mentioned, aloe vera gel, conditioners and even oils. Anything that will keep them soft. This will allow them to heal faster and wash away:D

Tee

SweetCaramel1 said:
use neosporin, it'll disinfect the burns.

I use neosporin also. I use oils also. I learned the hard way ......Stop picking at them!

Wishin4BSL

I got two scabs from my last relaxer a couple of days ago. I thought there would be a lot more because I scratched all over my scalp really bad the day before. I think it didn't burn as much as it could have because of the ORS relaxer. Anyways, once I wash and condition my hair once they go away.

brickhouse

I use to get bad chemical burns but after my relaxer my stylist would use Seabreeze and no more scabs. I am not sure how it prevents the scabs but it works and I have not lost any hair. Anyway Seabreeze is a disinfectant.

vkb247

I used to get them back when I went to a stylist. I use to just leave them alone and let them heal. Seems like putting things on them and making them soft would make them drop off before they are ready...

imaccami

That's why I'm a DIYer, I always got scalp burns when I used to go to a stylist, but now that I can rinse as long as I want and make sure I'm neutralized, I don't get any burns.

Like someone mentioned, scratching your scalp the day before can also cause scalp burns.
HTH, sorry that this happened to you.

Blessed_Angel

Hmmm...I've never burned like that, but it sounds like you may need to apply aloe vera gelly or something to speed the healing and soothe your scalp. Also, you may want to consider a different relaxer or a different stylist...whichever the culprit was.

HTH

{DI}

I never had bad burns like that either; but I used to get quite a few around my edges. Before I accused my stylist; I first looked at myself. I realized the comb I was using at the time was too harsh for my scalp. And using a boar brush to brush my edges were irritating my scalp, so I would brush more gentler.

I never got burned again after that. Yes, Neosporin will help it to heal faster and keep it moisturized as well. It will go away soon. Just don't mess with the scabs.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Boy, you just took me back, OP. I used to get scalp scabs from relaxers just about every time I got a retouch. It was a big reason why I went natural in the first place. I'm sooooooooo glad I'm natural now! :grin:

Just like other posters, I used neosporin to heal them too when I was relaxed. I figured that it worked for regular scabs on my skin, why not on my scalp.

Junebug D

I used to get them all the time too. My grandma would rub a piece of aloe vera plant on them, and that made them feel better. I don't believe the hair ever fell out where I had scabs.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
My last relaxer was a nightmare. My stylist actually burned my neck and scalp!:nono: Girl, learn how to do your own or change stylists. I had multiple burns, too right before my trip to Vegas.:sad: I used neosporin as mentioned. If I ever relax again, I'll do it myself.:rolleyes: I never burned myself.:ohwell:

Mook's hair

This is exactly why I am transitioning! No more scalp burns for me!!!
Same for me.

Seabreeze will help but hold your hair up and just pour it over your scalp.

And what ever you do, don't scratch or pick at them, just let them dry up and fall off on their own. Trust me, the scalp is full of blood vessels. It you pick the scabs off, you might bleed a lot and then the spot won't heal right.

Geminigirl

Yes this happened to me and I didn't lose my hair. I did apply Hawaian Silky 14 n 1 to my hair to help soothe and speed up the healing. H14N1 says it helps wit chemical burns and it does.

Geminigirl

Also I think that if you were going to lose hair you would have lost it right when she washed it out. Just baby the areas be gentle with them and rub something soothing into be it what I suggested or what some of the other ladies suggested.