Help me pick a new shampoo & conditioner set

SleekandBouncy

I just finished up my Kenra shampoo and conditioner, yay!!
I'd like to switch up and this is what I'm considering (feel free to recommend alternatives):

* Aveda Damage remedy shampoo and conditioner (I tried the treatment and it didn't detangle)
* Aveda Smooth Infusions shampoo and conditioner
* Keracare detangling shampoo & Elucence moisture balance conditioner (Elucence's conditioner has always worked really well for my hair).
* I also need a moisturizing deep conditioner

My criteria:

* Moisturizing
* Detangling - This is probably the most important criteria. I have major tangles.
* Something that helps me maintain my hard to handle/quick to break hair without loosing too much hair to tangles or breakage.

Last edited:
I love Aveda Damage Remedy Line - I would also like to suggest PhytoSpecific Kukui Oil or Vital Force Shampoos.

They both work amazing not stripping smell great leaves hair soft and supple BEFORE applying a conditioner. I am not too crazy about Phyto's and normally use Aveda.

SleekandBouncy

I love Aveda Damage Remedy Line - I would also like to suggest PhytoSpecific Kukui Oil or Vital Force Shampoos.

They both work amazing not stripping smell great leaves hair soft and supple BEFORE applying a conditioner. I am not too crazy about Phyto's and normally use Aveda.

Do you find both of the shampoos equally detangling? That's my major concern. Also, do you use a lot of the shampoo? 5oz seems so little!

SleekandBouncy

Keracare hydrating and detangling shampoo + Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner

Is that conditioner the olive oil one in the pack?

Also, does anyone know if the Keracare hydrating shampoo will weigh my hair down? I know some detangling shampoos have lots of cones. I want my hair to keep the bounce.

Do you find both of the shampoos equally detangling? That's my major concern. Also, do you use a lot of the shampoo? 5oz seems so little!

I think the Kukui Oil leaves my hair softer and easier to detangle. Both shampoos dont lather much as theyare designed to avoid stripping of natural oils in hair. Both of them seem to be very gentle on hair. I use about a half dollar size and wash twice.

♦K.O♦

Is that conditioner the olive oil one in the pack?

Also, does anyone know if the Keracare hydrating shampoo will weigh my hair down? I know some detangling shampoos have lots of cones. I want my hair to keep the bounce.

Yep, it is the one in the pack, but it is now sold in a bottle for about $15.00 (give or take). This is a real bargain considering it takes (for me) 3 packets to get the job done. :lol:

I've never had a problem with the keracare shampoo. Neither has my mom. If anything, it led to increased bounce. By the way, my hair is medium and my mom's is fine.

SleekandBouncy

Thanks Serenity.

Can anyone recommend a deep moisturizing conditioner? I love my kenra and Elucence conditioner, but they aren't really deep conditioners. Thank you :)

locabouthair

hi sleek.:)

i just started using motions moisture plus conditioner and it gives the best slip. i get no tangle son wahs day when i use this. i sit with it under the dryer for about 20 min and when i was it out even if I wash at the sink i can really glide my fingers through my hair. it gives decent moisture too but i was really impressed with it's slip. i say give it a try it's pretty cheap too.

did elucence stop working for you? i was thinking about trying that.

ETA: I thought elucence was a deep conditioner.

SleekandBouncy

hi sleek.:)

i just started using motions moisture plus conditioner and it gives the best slip. i get no tangle son wahs day when i use this. i sit with it under the dryer for about 20 min and when i was it out even if I wash at the sink i can really glide my fingers through my hair. it gives decent moisture too but i was really impressed with it's slip. i say give it a try it's pretty cheap too.

did elucence stop working for you? i was thinking about trying that.

ETA: I thought elucence was a deep conditioner.

The elucence still works, I love, love, love it! I had stopped using it only because I ran out of it and I promised myself I was not going to buy anything else until I used up what I had which was the Kenra set. I also have a Paul Mitchell, Frederic Fekkai, elucence moisture balance and Nexxus conditioner that I have to use up or toss.

missvi

God is Good!!
Design Essentials Moisture Retention Shampoo and
Design Essentials Stimulations Super Moisturizing Conditioner

Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo and Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner

hondahoney007

I would go with the Keracare and Elucence combo. Elucence has a deep conditioner called Extended Moisture Repair Treatment. I use that for my deep conditions.

Mook's hair

If you are relaxed (no lye), Try the MATRIX Biolage Hydrafuse line. You will love it.
The Ceramides are excellent for no lye relaxed hair. The shampoo is luscious! you don't even need to use a lot.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Elucence Volume Clarifying Shampoo
Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo
Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner

BrownSkin2

Aveda sap moss shampoo, Brilliant shampoo & conditioner. Its very moisturizing and detangles very well. Also smells good.