HELP MY CARUSO STEAMER!!!

NayNay

Hey my Caruso steamer is on the blink and I just purchased it in June 02. I am PISSED /images/graemlins/whip.gif but I think it is due to the hard water up in the NJ/NY area. I notice when I use it in areas with soft water it deposits a lot minerals and gook in the water. I begin using filtered water but am actually going to BUY distilled water to use it in it now!
Let me know if any ladies have had problems and in less than 6 months I WANT A REFUND! /images/graemlins/orders.gif
Well at least this is a warning to other ladies. I even use white vinegar in it to clean it out almost monthly!! /images/graemlins/swearing.gif

kedra70

Nay Nay,

I think you need to get a refund! I used the Caruso steam set for two years straight (everyday) and never had a problem with it. It shouldn't be on the blink.

Kedra <font color="brown"> </font>

Honi

There is no board.
Yep...get a refund. I've had my old one that I bought from the infomercial and at that time it wasn't available in any store yet.

Could you perhaps use some vinegar and water to remove the build up? Or would this negate your warranty?

NayNay

Just an FYI! Believe it or not my mother gave me an old Caruso steamer (use with salt) and it still works fine. The one I purchased is now DEAD! I called the manufacuterer (I still have the receipt) and they were very nice. They told me I could send it to them, pay for shipping &amp; handling ($6.00 ) and they will replace it. Also I used white vinegar in it and it seemed to help, but now the steamer is GONE- it is completely DEAD. I purchased some distilled water and will only use that or purified water in the old one and the new one I get.
Thanks ladieez!!!!

G

I have had my steamer for at least 4 or 5 years and it works fine. I had problems with the one requiring salt but this one doesn't cause me any problems.

G

You can get one off ebay. I needed the rollers and bought the whole set off ebay for like $20.00 and got like 30 or 40 rollers and a carrying bag for the rollers.

hairfanatic

Hi NayNay,

I also purchased one of those new ones and it didn't last nearly as long as the one that uses the salt. My pink one that uses the salt lasted me almost 12 years. I was going to suggest the vinegar also but since that didn't work and if you still have the origional box, take it back, tell them you don't have the receipt but want to make an exchange.

CynamonKis

NayNay this definitely seems like a "warranty" issue -- most products have what the law calls an "express" warranty, for a stated number of days after purchase. I remember the 1st time I brought my Caruso steamer (YEARS ago) the SAME EXACT THING happened to mine -- I think back then I was using salt. Eventually I simply ended up buying another one but it is sitting in the closet.....

G

I'm mad beacause I want more Large Roller and those thangs is expensive, by the time I buy 2 packs (6 in each). I have paid the price all over agian for a complete system.

This is not addin up !!!! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Integrity

the rollers are really meant to be used up one or two at a time so that you dont need so much. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

G

Pandora, what do you mean?

I mean like I got six med, six large, and some small ones that would fit in Barbies hair.

I want to do my whole head, I need more than six large. Now I have to mix up all sizes (except those small)

Integrity

with the caruso, you set set the whole head in about 30 mins with experience. since you can only steam up one roller at a time (i think)as you roll up a heated roller, the other one is on the steamer getting hot. by the time the one in your hair is set, its time to insert the heated one. i think the rollers are meant to set within 1 minute anyway. anyone catch my drift??

pls help me, anybody if i am not explaining it properly..