HELP!!! My Daughter is all Natural

neonbright

Ok, I cut all my daughter texturize hair off and now it is all natural. Before it was easy to do her hair, curly, twist, plats/braids. I used to be able to do several styles, but now I am stump. :confused: I cannot corn row or twist to well, and with her hair this length I am stump for hair styles. :( She cried at first, about the hair cut and she was tired. But when I finally figured out a style she loved it. The worst thing, I have seen so many little girls of color lately relaxers, totally relax, not texturize like my baby girls hair was and I want to texturize her hair again it was so long and pretty, I cut 5" off of her head.
I know my hair sisters out there can help me.:cry2:

The worst thing I am thinking about texturizing her hair again and keeping it like that, but that if she wants it. We will see how the weeks go, I know the board is against this but her hair was growing fast and it was cut curly, straight and any of the styles I gave her.

Last edited:

ToyToy

Hi neonbright! How long is your daughter's hair now? Is it long enough to do single braids? If so, would you be able to take her to a braider to get that done for, say, the next two to three months?
I can imagine it must be difficult for your daughter to suddenly have short hair (depending on her age), but if your daughter's hair grwos fast, then you could take her to a braider keep the hair in braids over the next couple of months, and then once she has gained some length, you could start twisting the hair yourself.
If her hair is too short (say about an inch or less), you might have to wait for a while for it to grow out and do wash-and-gos for her in the mean time.
Sorry if I couldn't help you much further! :(

SignatureBeauty

I agree with toytoy, if it is too short for her and longer enough I would say get braids,That is what I did to my daughter and it worked out just fine, and then there was no worry about combing.

neonbright

ToyToy said:
Hi neonbright! How long is your daughter's hair now? Is it long enough to do single braids? If so, would you be able to take her to a braider to get that done for, say, the next two to three months?
I can imagine it must be difficult for your daughter to suddenly have short hair (depending on her age), but if your daughter's hair grwos fast, then you could take her to a braider keep the hair in braids over the next couple of months, and then once she has gained some length, you could start twisting the hair yourself.
If her hair is too short (say about an inch or less), you might have to wait for a while for it to grow out and do wash-and-gos for her in the mean time.
Sorry if I couldn't help you much further! :(

Her hair now is 6" to 7" long, and so pretty. I made up a cute little hair style and she loved it this morning, we will see how she feeling after school today when I pick her up. I was thinking about corn rows, but when she use to get them before the BC, her hair my last 4 to 5 days it would start to frizzing out. We will try and see what happens...

neonbright

Aalize said:
Why did you cut her hair?

As the natural hair was growing in the relax/textlax hair was standing out more. I would trim and plat/braid her hair to make the differnece in the hair look the same.

But an update when she got home today from school she told me again she loves it. So far so good...

ToyToy

neonbright said:
Her hair now is 6" to 7" long, and so pretty. I made up a cute little hair style and she loved it this morning, we will see how she feeling after school today when I pick her up. I was thinking about corn rows, but when she use to get them before the BC, her hair my last 4 to 5 days it would start to frizzing out. We will try and see what happens...

Oh, I think that's a good length. Yes, cornrows would be a good idea! TO be honest with you, cornrows (on own hair) never last very long. A week max? You could try cornrows with extensions? They don't have to be superlong, but they would definitely last longer (2-3 weeks).
Don't worry - you'll be surprised at how fast her hair is going to grow back!! :)

SweetCaramel1

my 4 year old has all natural hair and i do box braids and cornrows for her (the pics are in my fotki). they actually last about 2 weeks because i keep a bonnet on them. sometimes she complaines but i tell her its best for her hair. with practice you'll come up with all sorts of style you can do :)

neonbright

SweetCaramel1 said:
my 4 year old has all natural hair and i do box braids and cornrows for her (the pics are in my fotki). they actually last about 2 weeks because i keep a bonnet on them. sometimes she complaines but i tell her its best for her hair. with practice you'll come up with all sorts of style you can do :)

I can't wait until my baby girl hairs is that length again. It will be soon, I may try that. What products do you use?

angie10

How old is your daughter? My daughter is also natural, I mostly braid her own hair. I also do the single braids. I'm starting to try new styles on her, and her hair is growing quite well.

neonbright

angie10 said:
How old is your daughter? My daughter is also natural, I mostly braid her own hair. I also do the single braids. I'm starting to try new styles on her, and her hair is growing quite well.

She is 6 and the best thing ever in my life. She actually is taking the BC and being natural like it is all part of life. She told me she loves it and she loves her hair. I will be be praticing on corn rowing and other styles later.

neonbright

Update it has been a few weeks now and she is very happy with her hair. I am going to do twist out on her hair tonight. She loves her natural puffs... I will post pics later...