Help!!! My hair is a tangled mess!!

lboogie2679

I just tried Aphogee hardcore for the first time and my hair is a tangled mess. I followed with Nexxus Humectress and my hair is so hard I cannot detangle. I rinsed for over 40 minutes, used the Balance Moisturizer for 2 min and then sat under the dryer with the Humectress for 30 min. My hair is still breaking and I don't know what to do.

MrsBurns82

I tried this for the first time yesterday. I had a bit of the same problem. I'm pretty new to this and don't have many of the products that a lot of the ladies talk about but I put a boat load of garnier conditioner in my hair and sat under the dryer for about 20 min and ran the tub full of water and laid down in it and detangled it under the water

Cleve_gryl

Ohhhh, I'm sorry this happened but that hardcore aphogee is no joke. My suggestion would have been to mix the Humectress with the Balancing conditoner and get under the dryer. I'd throw a boatload more moisturizing con on there and dc again under heat. Good luck.

Alisha08

Oh no! lboogie i am sorry this is happening to you. :nono: I tried the Aphogee 2 min and it was a horror show on my hair as well. I don't have any solid, professional advice but the only thing I would do since you rinsed it out well is just glob conditioner on it, put on a plastic cap, and leave it alone for like an hour or so. Hopefully someone who can help will chime in soon.

lboogie2679

Thanks Ladies,
I bought that stuff back in Aug and vowed that I would only use in case of an emergency. For the last two weeks I have noticed more and more breakage and I felt I had nothing to lose. Right now I have half a gallon of conditioner on my head and I'm going to wash again.

Andreainnis

Since everything I can think of that would help would require going out to get it or ordering it online, I would strongly suggest getting some evoo and your thickest creamiest deep conditioner and DC with heat for and hour! NO MORE SHAMPOO but oil rinse before hand. But if you end up going out, the first thing I would wrap my hands around is porosity control, CON green label, or Kenra mc..... these have the best detangling properties and will help you quickly while stopping breakage and restoring moisture. But a thick oil is your best friend now, good luck and keep us posted! I hope another tangle veteran jumps in here soon.

Last edited:

HoneyDew

Girl, it may take a few weeks to get your moisture balance back. That's why I gave up on that stuff.

Honestly, even after deep conditioning, my hair still feels dry and overloaded from protein when I use it. My daily moisturizing helps get me back to normal, but still it took a few weeks for me to feel that my hair was back to normal.

Don't worry though your moisture balance will come back. If there any way you can just wear your hair up most of the time so there is no need to manipulate?

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
Hey girl! Sorry about the trouble that you are having w/ the Aphogee. I use it about one a month. When you put it in, did you do it in sections? Also, how did you rinse it out? I normally apply it in sections and then loosely place my hair into a bun and let it dry. Then I wash it out w/ my hand supporting the bun until my hair softens. I then deep condition w/ either Pantene's mask or NTM mixed w/ some sort of cholestrol. Let me know what you did, maybe I could help...

Last edited:

youwillrise

i've only done aphogee twice so far

but i found that doing it in sections
and using a spray bottle to spray the solution on my hair helped
with avoiding tangles (especially for me as a natural haired gal)

best wishes with replenshing your moisture
and reducing your breakage!!

SouthernTease

Get some Cholesterol, do a steam towel treatment
for 45 minutes under dryer... it's a miracle worker
just rinse no shampoo... it works! Trust... been there
done that... survived.

lboogie2679

When I did the Aphogee all my hair was going straight back. I just poured it on and sat under the dryer. I rinsed in the sink and I think that was part of the problem. The Humectress was not the best choice either. I ended up clarifying with Mizani and then I applied MnT moisturizing conditioner and the tangles melted away. I'm scared to comb it though. I think I'm going to leave it in overnight and wash in the morning. I'm also going to cowash every other day to get the moisture back. Fighting the breakage is serious business!

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
When I did the Aphogee all my hair was going straight back. I just poured it on and sat under the dryer. I rinsed in the sink and I think that was part of the problem. The Humectress was not the best choice either. I ended up clarifying with Mizani and then I applied MnT moisturizing conditioner and the tangles melted away. I'm scared to comb it though. I think I'm going to leave it in overnight and wash in the morning. I'm also going to cowash every other day to get the moisture back. Fighting the breakage is serious business!

That'll do it. Well, I'm glad it's starting to work out. In this case, I would leave it overnight and rinse in the morning. When you do comb through it, use your fingers first and then a wide tooth comb. Also, it should help do comb in sections....

Allandra

Thanks Ladies,
I bought that stuff back in Aug and vowed that I would only use in case of an emergency. For the last two weeks I have noticed more and more breakage and I felt I had nothing to lose. Right now I have half a gallon of conditioner on my head and I'm going to wash again.
Oh my. I hope you're able to detangle your hair without pulling too much of it out. Please take your time and be gentle.

I have never used this product. I have only used mild protein treatments on my hair. I have heard too many horror stories about this stuff. There has got to be something better out there that doesn't cause the hair to get hard as a brick and so tangled.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I have never done an aphogee treatment at home, but when i was going to the salon I had to have one done. Boy do I remember the brickhair syndrome. I would say to get some good oils and conditioner going, heat it up a lil, slap it on, put on a plastic store bag then leave it on overnight.

lboogie2679

Overall I think it is good to have it "just in case" your hair is breaking like crazy like mine was. You MUST follow with a GOOD conditioner. I bought mine in the summer and thought that I would never have to use it but it was either use that or definitely loose alot more hair.