Help My hair is out of control?!

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Ok for some reason my hair has been growing really fast this month and I can't keep up with it. I am taking my vitamins and doing the conditioner washes but my new growth is just unmanagable:eek:.My hair is just not soft and silky like I want it to be . I'm only on my 5th week of strectching and I plan to go 12 weeks. Do any of you ladies have a suggestion on how to get my hair to start actin right:confused: ?

P.S. I did an aphogee treatment a week and a alf ago for the first time ever. Could that have something to do with it?

ChosenbyGod

How do you dry your hair?? I am 8 wks post (going on 9 this wk) and I dry by doing rollersets. This helps keep my new growth manageable and soft.

The Aphogee may have something to do with it too.

vickiepickles

All About Me!
Have you washed since the treatment? Reason I am asking is to see if it might not have rinsed out all of the way, or if it was not properly conditioned with a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. That might make your roots hard. Whenever I use Aphoghee, I have to follow up with a moisture rich conditioner and use a good bit of moisturizer afterwards or my hair hard is dry and brittle afterwards.

RabiaElaine

It could be the Aphogee. I've never used it, but my sister has and her hair does feel mighty dry and hard afterward. Did you follow it up with a moisturizing treatment? You probably need to get as much moisture into your hair as possible to soften the new growth so that you can stretch it longer. I use Wild Growth Hair Oil, it softens my new growth and moisturizes my hair. HTH

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
That's great that you are getting a lot of growth. :)

To help answer your question, I would like to know 'how' is your hair unmanageable? What's making your hair unmanageable... is it difficult to comb? difficult to style? do you use a moisturizer? etc.?

Poohbear

RabiaElaine said:
It could be the Aphogee.

I was thinking the same thing. I never used it either and I've heard that people who have used it, their hair feels hard afterwards. You must immediately use a balancing moisturizer afterwards or something. Was that your first time using Aphogee?

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Thanks for the Resonses ladies. I am very greatful:D

When I do a conditioner wash I let my hair dry under a towel until damp and them add product to it. I usually only roller set on dry hair. I have washed my hair at least 4 times since my aphogee treatment. I really can't recall if I rinsed for a long time or not but I rinsed until my hair wasn't hard all the way through.

Poohear, my new growth is thick and I can't get a comb through...let alone my fingers. My relaxed just feels dry and unruly. I tried scurl on my hair since alot of ladies are using it for their new growth but I don't know if its agreeing with my hair. Im just at a loss..

Poohbear

have u tried using oils on your hair? sometimes moisturizers don't work on my hair, but oils do! ;)

aqualung

My new growth was the softest EVER when I applied Sta-Sof-Fro (tube gel, NOT spray) to the roots before rollersetting. It dryed soft and puffy with a looser coil. The moisture was retained.

The new growth didn't dry straight. It's begging for a flat iron.

Tracy and Dana03 have posted similar testimonials.

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
I am using coconut oil (its not pure tho) but haven't tried any other other oils besides a hot oil treatment from V05. What kind do you use pooh bear? and where could I get it from?

Poohbear

I use Wild Growth Oil (from Sally's) on all of my hair when its wet or dry.

I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I got this from Kroger) and use it on my ends (got this tip from one of AudraChanell's post).

Hot 6 Oil (from a beauty supply store)... I use this with LeKair Cholesterol Plus as a deep conditioner treatment. I sometimes use it on my hair.

When I first joined the forum, I use to have a mixture of jojoba, carrot, olive, aloe vera, and coconut oil but I ran out of it and didnt feel like going to the beauty supply store to buy all these oils to mix them together. It was a great moisturizer for my ends!

Hope that helps!