HELP: Need Good Colorist In Richmond, VA area

antoine

I posted this in the salon section as well, but I figured this section gets more hits.

Ok, here's the deal. I live in Richmond, VA (chesterfield county), but I am a transplanted New Yorker (brooklyn) and former Curve customer (got my big shop and all of my texturizers done there). Long story short, I have texturized hair that gets touched up LIGHTLY every six months AND I have color - lots of color. Since I get my texturizers done "light" most folks think I am 100% natural - that include stylists and at this stage of growth (mid back in 1.5 yrs when stretched), i cant afford to screw it up.

Problem is I normally go back to NY to get my color "done," but I not scheduled to be back in NY for at least another month. (I usually squeeze in a hair appt while I'm there on business).

Can anyone reccomend a colorists who deals with this type of curly/kinky/near natural hair?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated - cause right about now I look like a broke rap star with all this dark new growth (UGH).

Antoine

swirl

IG: rhonda_hair
i don't know of a colorist, just wanted to say hi to a fellow richmonder! (southside)

antoine

hi there, are you originally from Richmond? I've only been here for a year and with my texturized hair, i am afraid to try a new stylist. would you happen to know of a good beauty salon that at least does texturizers?

Thanks for the shout out. I am in southside too, off the Chippenham.

crml_buttafly

i know a couple good stylists, they are very few and far in between down here. im also a fellow NYC and have high exspectations.

ill get the #'s and post back tonight.

im in southside off ironbridge :D

swirl

antoine said:
hi there, are you originally from Richmond? I've only been here for a year and with my texturized hair, i am afraid to try a new stylist. would you happen to know of a good beauty salon that at least does texturizers?

Thanks for the shout out. I am in southside too, off the Chippenham.

i AM originally from richmond, but unfortunately i can't recommend any black salons. my hair is curly, so either i wear buns or twists or get it blown out a dominican salon.

lexi08

swirl said:
i AM originally from richmond, but unfortunately i can't recommend any black salons. my hair is curly, so either i wear buns or twists or get it blown out a dominican salon.

Are there Dominican salons in the Richmond area? If so can you please post the names/locations or pm me with the info, thank you.

lexi08

crml_buttafly said:
i know a couple good stylists, they are very few and far in between down here. im also a fellow NYC and have high exspectations.

Off topic Crml_buttafly your babies are beautiful!!!! I wish I had 3. I only have 1 son :sad:, but I am very thankful to have him :)

Would you mind posting the stylists names or pm me with the info. Thanks

antoine

crml_buttafly said:

stop playing...i'm off of Ironbridge too, in Irongate. See I thought I found a stylist, her name was Rhonda and she worked out of the Cuttery over on Beulah. Anyway, when I went back to do my roots (she did my color + she said she does texturizers), the receptionist said the WHOLE damn shop moved and she didnt know the location.

Thanks for all the help ladies. I am so used to having a good salon on every corner in NY, and this board is making it easier.

crml_buttafly

nikki1971 said:
Are there Dominican salons in the Richmond area? If so can you please post the names/locations or pm me with the info, thank you.

Bronzedgoddess and I both go to Martha's off Hull St.

crml_buttafly

nikki1971 said:
Off topic Crml_buttafly your babies are beautiful!!!! I wish I had 3. I only have 1 son :sad:, but I am very thankful to have him :)

Would you mind posting the stylists names or pm me with the info. Thanks

thanks they are a HANDFUL!!!!!!!

if you are ever board i will gladly loan them out to you :grin:

antoine

crml_buttafly said:
antoine said:
stop playing...i'm off of Ironbridge too, in Irongate. See I
okay this is spooky! we live across the street from each other!!!!!

i live up the next light off of cogsbill going towards belmont/288. i bet ive seen you in food lion a dozen times:D

no friggin way!!! We'll girl if you can reccomend a good stylist - even if its two seperate - for color and a texturizer, I will be forever grateful.

I'm thinking of doing my texturizer myself - i see a lot of the ladies do on this board. AND the last time I went to curve in ny it cost me 350, but it was slamming and thats why i only go like once a year.

Antoine

antoine

ok...so i added a photo to my avatar so you can see the texture, color i am working with. that pic is about six months old and i have lots of new growth since then. That was my last texturizer. Its mid back right above bra strap when stretched.

Antoine

swirl

crml_buttafly said:
Bronzedgoddess and I both go to Martha's off Hull St.

i've heard good things about martha's. i go to mayra's which is down the street (going towards the city).

crml_buttafly

yes they have almost every dominican product that we discuss here on the board. i bring my own products with me.

they did my daughters hair, for her dance recital and she is a 4a and they blew her hair so straight everyone thought she had a perm.

lexi08

crml_buttafly said:
yes they have almost every dominican product that we discuss here on the board. i bring my own products with me.

they did my daughters hair, for her dance recital and she is a 4a and they blew her hair so straight everyone thought she had a perm.

Do they sell products to the public? If so there goes my extra money for the rest of the month :driver: