Help needed for an itchy scalp....

SrephLuva22

I have type 3bish hair that is permed and my scalp itches like mad. Before everyone asks, yes I wash it regularly (when I was at school once a week, now that Im at home once every two weeks) but I also have excema (its sad but I dont even know if I spelled that right! lol) which case skin to itch like mad, including my scalp. What should I use to stop the madness??!

Also another problem that I have is that my hair is fragile, I always wrap it at night THE CORRECT WAY(I had my hairdresser teach me the way lol), yet now after I had a trim three weeks ago, I see some ends starting to [** potty mouth **] SPLIT!!!! In pissed off...any tips?

There are a few things that I would suggest to you, but you mentioned you have eczema. Is there anyway you could visit a dermatologist...you don't want to further irritate your scalp or cover up a existing condition.

I don't know if it would work for the exzema(I know it is not spelled correctly) but when my scalp itches like crazy I use Nutregena Stubborn Itch Shampoo. It works really well and my scalp says "Ahhhhh".

I have eczema also, and I think you may need to wash more often. Usually the regular drugstore products do nothing, but you could try shampoos with tea tree or products with lots of zinc. Your best bet may be to see a dermatologist.

AtOne has a shampoo for dry, itchy scalp. You wet your hair and let it sit on your hair for 2 minutes and rinse it out. It leaves my scalp itch-free and very refreshed. Kind of tingly!

I suggest using Nizoral prescription strength shampoo and a pre hot oil treatment with evoo.

Back