Help...not sure what to do

gemruby41

I need help in deciding what is the next step I should take with my hair. I used Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol two weeks ago with heat for 30 minutes, and it left my hair feeling really weird. My roots felt like brillo pads when I rinsed it out, but the rest of my hard was not hard or tangled. I thought my hair would be very moisturized when using this, because my hair felt so soft when I was putting it on. Did I leave it in too long, is it because I used heat, or I'm I protein sensitive. In the past I've used Aphogee 2 min and Joico reconstructor with no problems, but I didn't use heat.

I've been doing moisturizing deep conditioners, but my roots are still a little hard. I try to rollerset, but when my hair is wet my roots are not straight. After my hair drys the length of my hair is fine, but I can barely get the comb through the roots. It seems like they have shrunked. My hair was fine until the day I tried the Silk Elements. My hair is thinning, and I just want to cry.

prospurr4

Are you relaxed or natural? Why is your hair thinning? Is it from breakage as a result of the Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol?

I personally never use heat with products that contain a considerable amount of protein, and I never let such products stay on my hair more than 10-15 minutes.

At this point, I would do a moisturizing DC, with heat, or let it sit on your hair for a while. Hopefully, that will soften your roots.

HTH

gemruby41

Thanks for the tips. I'm relaxed, and my hair started looking thin from the day I used that conditioner. I will continute to do the moisturizing DC, and see what happens. I hate hearing the scrunchiness when I touch my roots.

prettypithy

Are you relaxed or natural? Why is your hair thinning? Is it from breakage as a result of the Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol?

I personally never use heat with products that contain a considerable amount of protein, and I never let such products stay on my hair more than 10-15 minutes.

At this point, I would do a moisturizing DC, with heat, or let it sit on your hair for a while. Hopefully, that will soften your roots.

HTH

+1. With deep conditioning products, using heat and leaving the product in a long time gets me better results...with protein products it makes my hair hard, dry and brittle. A good moisturizing DC will hopefully get you back in order. Good luck!

westNDNbeauty

I prefer the silk elements megasilk moisturizing treatment. I think it has more moisture properties than the cholesterol.