Help pre relaxer scalp itching....

Leslie_C

ladies Im getting a touchup friday and I have a tender scalp as it is so Im trying so hard not to scratch so I wont burn but its itching like crazy! is there anything I can do about this? It already feels a little sore in a spot at my crown.

I'm having this same problem. I want to relax my hair next week but my scalp is so sore from me scratching it. I wish I could give you some advice but I need some myself. Someone please help us!!!!!!!!

i don't know if this'll work for you but applying pure coconut oil to my scalp took care of my itchy scalp problem.
smile.gif

Leslie I was looking at your products list and wanted to know do you use the salerm 21 everytime you wash or condition wash your hair?

Carlie what kind of coconut oil do you use????

Shawnee, no I dont use it every time, but Id say most the time. I really like it though, sometimes I use a tiny bit of that and a tiny bit of NTM leave in after washing. It works really well for air drying!

After washing I use Pantene light spray detangler bc it detangles so well, then add a little salerm and/or NTM. Mixed with the pantente, I can usually detangle without even combing it!

Do you think it could be salerm 21. Before I started using salerm 21 I didn't have this problem. I also use NTM leave In. I didn't use any leave in on my last wash which was 2 days ago and my scalp is not as sore as it was before I washed. I also did an ACV rinse. I am going to try using sea breeze on my scalp to see if this works.

[ QUOTE ]
Shawnee66 said:

Carlie what kind of coconut oil do you use????

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if the brand matters as long as it 100% natural coconut oil. I bought mine from this Indian grocery store... it's a blue bottle says Parachute (I guess that's the name brand) Coconut Dream Coconut Oil... On the back it says, "This contains premium quality edible oil, obtained from superior grade copra, scientifically filtered to remain fresh for long time."

So, I'm guessing that as long as it's that natural, edible Coconut Oil, then it should be ok
confused.gif

no I really dont think its the salerm bc I really only apply it to the length of my hair. For some reason I oiled it the other day with my vitamin e oil mix and it started to itch more! maybe my scalp doesnt like that stuff.

Really I think its because Im used to washing my hair about every 3 days and I havent washed since Saturday or sunday and dont intend to bc I dont want to manipulate my hair/scalp bc Im getting a relaxer friday.

Ive had dry itchy scalp problems in the past but they have gotten a million times better since I started frequent washing. I rarely itch lately, Ill bet its just my scalp wants me to wash it so its acting up!

Leslie you might be right about the Vitamin e oil. Before my last relaxer I used vitamin e oil on my scalp and it made my scalp so itch so much I had sores and couldn't relax for two weeks after.

I just bought Tea Trea Oil I'm going to try this. I hope it works if not I also bought T-Tree shampoo by parnevu.

Back