Ichy scalp right before perming!!! Help!

keez1979

I was planning on getting a perm today but last night my hair started itching like the dickens and I just had to scratch it (I know, I know). Anyways, have any of you noticed SERIOUS itching right before getting a perm? I guess I am just trying to be so conscious of not scratching that my itchies drive me crazy. Anyways, I burn really bad during the perming process so I try as hard as I can not to scratch but can't help it. Does anyone else notice this, and if so, what do you do about it? Please help, because I need a perm ASAP!

Karonica

I notice this all the time, just a few days before touch-up day. I honestly think it's Satan.

To minimize this, I try to shampoo my hair on that Tuesday/Wednesday before I get my perm, which is generally Friday/Saturday. This helps for the most part, so I know the itching doesn't come from my hair being dirty. I'm the type that grease my scalp, so after I've cleansed my hair, I oil my scalp. That way, I know that the itching doesn't come from a dry scalp. Anything else is the devil.

tasha

Re: Ichy scalp right before perming!!! Help!

I have the same problem too!
"Get thee behind me Satan!"

Ayeshia

For me I think its totally psychological, as soon as I make an appointment for a retouch my hair just fanatically starts itching....i dunno

karezone

I try to believe that it is simply some last minute hair trying to push through just in time for the relaxer.

I know what you mean ayeshia. Why does it start itching as SOON as you make an appointment? I believe in my heart that it is................nothin but the devil.

caralexis2005

LOL y'all are too much! i like karezone's hypothesis. i can just see the follicles like "Roll out!" lol

asummertyme

a friend of mine reccomened a product called top brass, base you scalp with this b4 you relax and she burn very easaliy, so do i ...i need to try it also

keez1979

My beautician says to use that black tar grease just before a touchup but I haven't tried it yet. Have any of you?

pebbles

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
I notice this all the time, just a few days before touch-up day. I honestly think it's Satan.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!
He's busy, isn't he?

G

I told my beautician and she states she had the same problem. Shamboosie states in his book that this is your sign to get your hair relaxed. I washed my hair Sunday and put apple cidar vinegar on it and my hair didn't itch until yesterday when I greased the scalp. I think to keep it from itching you need to wash it at least 72 hours before the relaxer. Mine is on Saturday.