HELP Thinking about using Lye Motions Relaxers

The Princess

I need help, you all are the experts. I been using No lye relaxers for the last 10years, overall I have no problem with them, except for the dryness and breakage from it but nothing major. I been reading the No Lye is not good, due to the fact it causes excessive dryness. I ordered Motions Lye relaxers and Im thinking about switching over. I need advice, this is a big step for me. I have hear Lye relaxers have more conditioners in it. Any advice on Motions Lye Relaxer and how to use this. Any info will work. I also bought the conditioning that goes on after the relaxers and of course the nuetralizer shampoo. I have 4 weeks till my next relaxer.

knottyaaverage

i'm switching to lye as well on my next retouch. all i can say is that i was using box perms but sometimes when i went to hairdressers i would get the perm straight out the jar and ive learned that most of those are lye. so i think all this time ive been switching from no lye to lye without realizing. i haven't had any problems doing so either. a lye user will chime in soon enough with more info for you :yep:

Creatividual

Motions can often get a bad rap but I like their relaxer systems. They have always performed well for me. I have used their original system for years and I've been using their more recent Motions Oil Moisturizer Lye relaxer system in the mild formula now for about a year and won't ever switch again unless they discontinue it.

You use lye relaxers for your touch ups like you would a no-lye. They have been known to irritate the scalp more so make sure that you base your scalp good. I also wouldn't leave them on for more than 20 to 22 minutes. That's all you need! Enjoy! I hope you like them as much as I do!

TLC1020

I use Motions lye in mild but I'm thinking about switching to regular instead. I myself think the relaxer is okay, sometimes my hair get underprocessed and that's why I'm thinking of switching to regular. Motions relaxer often get bad reviews but ole well.

locabouthair

Motions lye unprocessed me really badly. But I have resistant hair. I've heard too many people say it left them underprocessed.

Have you been using a chelating poo to remove the calcium buildup from the no lye? That is what causes the dryness from the no lye.

Owest

So Wavy Baby
Everyone's hair is different, but I'd say stay away from "box perms" period. I used Motions for years and it wasn't until 2006 when I went to a hairdresser to get a cut. She told me straight up" I wouldn't cut this if I was you. You need a virgin perm. Unknown to me at the time, my whole head was severely underprocessed. I reluctantly agreed to let her do it using Mizani, and lo behold my hair was changed dramatically. I went from hair that could only hold curl for a day before getting frizzy to a week with no frizz. For years I thought I had split ends, which was the reason I wanted it cut. But it ended up being underprocessed hair. I use Mizani now and my hair has doner a complete 180

The Princess

Motions lye unprocessed me really badly. But I have resistant hair. I've heard too many people say it left them underprocessed.

Have you been using a chelating poo to remove the calcium buildup from the no lye? That is what causes the dryness from the no lye.

Well before comming to this site, I only used to the Neutralizing shampoo that came in the box, so I will use Creme of Nature w/green bottle to get any additional perm out, thinking this will help. I was all wrong, im suprised I have any hair on my head left.

The Princess

Everyone's hair is different, but I'd say stay away from "box perms" period. I used Motions for years and it wasn't until 2006 when I went to a hairdresser to get a cut. She told me straight up" I wouldn't cut this if I was you. You need a virgin perm. Unknown to me at the time, my whole head was severely underprocessed. I reluctantly agreed to let her do it using Mizani, and lo behold my hair was changed dramatically. I went from hair that could only hold curl for a day before getting frizzy to a week with no frizz. For years I thought I had split ends, which was the reason I wanted it cut. But it ended up being underprocessed hair. I use Mizani now and my hair has doner a complete 180

I heard alot about Mizani being real good. I also heard alot about Motions being good, but leaving the hair underprocess, but they both were told were good to use.

Platinum

I don't like Motions. It burned my scalp like crazy and my hair was always underprocessed.:sad: I have coarse, resistant hair like Locabouthair so I can relate to what she says. Owest, I love Mizani relaxers! If I decide to end my transition, this is the relaxer I would use.:yep:

The Princess

Motions can often get a bad rap but I like their relaxer systems. They have always performed well for me. I have used their original system for years and I've been using their more recent Motions Oil Moisturizer Lye relaxer system in the mild formula now for about a year and won't ever switch again unless they discontinue it.

You use lye relaxers for your touch ups like you would a no-lye. They have been known to irritate the scalp more so make sure that you base your scalp good. I also wouldn't leave them on for more than 20 to 22 minutes. That's all you need! Enjoy! I hope you like them as much as I do!

Thank you for the advice, I will try it and make sure to base really good. I hope I get good results, I feel I will due to the fact I learned alot at this website, so I feel this is a good time for me to change, my hair as been growing under the bad condtions that I been putting it through, so it should really grow now.

SEMO

When I was relaxed my beautician recommended that I use Motions Oil Moisturizer Lye relaxers (I was going off to college and wouldn't be able to go to her). I used the mild formula and they always worked great for my hair and got it bone straight, without dryness or breakage. If I were still relaxed, I'd have no problems using it.

The Princess

When I was relaxed my beautician recommended that I use Motions Oil Moisturizer Lye relaxers (I was going off to college and wouldn't be able to go to her). I used the mild formula and they always worked great for my hair and got it bone straight, without dryness or breakage. If I were still relaxed, I'd have no problems using it.

Thank you, Im going to try it, I mean everyone responds differently to products, I rather have underprocess than over process. I have heard Moiton Oil Mositurizer Lye is alot better than the previous line that have.

I will let you all know the turn out, with all my new knowledge to my hair. I love this site.