HELP! Trying to go Natural but temped to Perm

Country gal

My last perm was in January. I have been sporting braids but now my braids need to come out. I don't want to shell out another $200 for the braids (just bought a house) but I can't walk around with my hair the way it is (half nautral/half perm). Help- what should I do? I see new growth and I am tempting to perm it to see how much it has grown.

You can do braidouts, twistouts, rod sets and straw sets HTH!
wink.gif

Braidouts, twistouts, bantu knotouts. Also rollersets. You could also wear phony ponies to help through the transition.
smile.gif

i just twisted my hair this was only my second time doing a flat twist. you can do it yourself and it is quicker (to me) than doing cornrows. you can part the hair similar to cornrows. I really liked the roller sets when i transitioned because it lasts for like 2wks. check out my album page 2

[ QUOTE ]
alliyah4eva203 said:
cornrows are a nice altervative to braids. i particulaly like this style
Zigzag_right.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't usually care for cornrows, but THIS style, I LIKE
smile.gif

ponytail... just wash, leave in some conditioner, brush back and you're good to go!

[ QUOTE ]
SiLkY_T said:
i know this might sound dumb you guys, but what is a braid out?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">A braid out is when you braid your hair all over, ie. singles,french braid, while wet or dry, then take the braids out...finger comb and go.
smile.gif
</font>

[ QUOTE ]
alliyah4eva203 said:
cornrows are a nice altervative to braids. i particulaly like this style
Zigzag_right.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

SBaker...this style is nice. Try different cornrow styles and phony ponies.
smile.gif

Oh yeah...when I was growing out my relaxer....I pressed my new growth without any problem. Just make sure you condition your hair. HTH

You can brush your hair back into a ponytail or bun...
How to do this smoothly with natural hair?

After you have washed your hair (preferably after a hot oil/deep conditioning), use a mixture of coconut milk, a good conditioner, and a good oil and apply generously to the hair (especially the coconut milk). Your hair should be well conditioned and your natural hair should be much easier to manage and smooth.

If you still want smoother hair, apply a gel to your hair and put a scarf over your hair tightly for about 5-10 minutes. This should be more than enough to make your hair smooth enough to get into a ponytail/bun/french twist/french braid/whatever.

If the problem isn't that your hair is too poofy to get into a bun, the problem is that you have two different textures, there is no solution to that but heat or a style that disguises the textures like the above named styles and braids.

Sbaker, I feel you girl! We are in the same place. I slipped and texturized when I took my braids out and I regret it....I am still trying to decide whether to continue texturizing or go natural....not a big difference in my hair eityher way...it looks the same. I say get you some phony ponies, falls, cornrows and wear your buns. Youw ill be so glad you did. As far as your length flat iron it one good time. I can straigthen my own hair to the point it looks relazed with marcels only.

Back