HELP!!! WHAT HAVE I DONE...ITCHY SCALP

Mrs_Lathom

OK...I'm a newbie and very excited about trying to grow my hair and learn it's likes and dislikes.

Wednesday I washed my hair, used Aphogee two-step protein treatment followed by the balancing moisturizer.

Today I washed again using Joico k-pak reconstruct I then used ORS for a DC....left this on for approx. 2 hrs....lost track of time talking to my daughter.

Well I just rinsed out the ORS...very happy with how soft my hair is....decided to put my hair in two braids because I plan on throwing on a wig...while parting my hair my scalp was a little itchy..no biggy right:nono:
so I scratched it....now my darn scalp will not stop itching...HELP!!! IS THIS NORMAL...I have never experienced this in my life did I do something wrong...how do I STOP THIS ITCHING?

SelahOco

Oh, I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Are either or both of these conditioners new to you? Maybe you're allergic to one of them.

Maybe just wash your hair with pain water and do an oil treatment with an oil you know you don't react to. Anything to soothe your poor scalp.

Hopefully others chime in with real insight.

Mrs_Lathom

I rinsed with plain water because I wanted to be certain I removed as much as possible. The itching has calmed a little but I would love to know what caused it. Thanks for your input

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Okay: Can I ask you why you did the 2 step and then a couple days later you used The Joico K-Pak? Kinda curious about that?? I think it was possibly a reaction of those two products so close to each other. I've never used the 2-Step (at Home). What does the directions say? Does it say you should wait any length of time before using another "protein" type treatment? I wouldn't think you should use both the 2 Step and the K-Pak that close to each other?:nono:

What type of DC was the ORS?

Anyhoo, I would probably rinse my hair really well with plain water for a long time and then I would clarify. Then I would use something really moisturizing to DC with. And follow up with a very soothing oil. Like maybe EVOO or EVCO to see if that helps.

Mrs_Lathom

Okay: Can I ask you why you did the 2 step and then a couple days later you used The Joico K-Pak? Kinda curious about that?? I think it was possibly a reaction of those two products so close to each other. I've never used the 2-Step (at Home). What does the directions say? Does it say you should wait any length of time before using another "protein" type treatment? I wouldn't think you should use both the 2 Step and the K-Pak that close to each other?:nono:

What type of DC was the ORS?

Anyhoo, I would probably rinse my hair really well with plain water for a long time and then I would clarify. Then I would use something really moisturizing to DC with. And follow up with a very soothing oil. Like maybe EVOO or EVCO to see if that helps.
I used them so close together because I'm new and didn't know any better:perplexed
The directions are straight forward:
shampoo
apply treatment
leave uncovered under med heat
when dried re-wet and rinse
I dc'd with ORS olive oil replenishing pak

msa

I used them so close together because I'm new and didn't know any better:perplexed
The directions are straight forward:
shampoo
apply treatment
leave uncovered under med heat
when dried re-wet and rinse
I dc'd with ORS olive oil replenishing pak

That was wayyyy too much protein so close together.

Aphogee 2-step, Joico K-pak reconstructor, and ORS pak (light-med protein depending on who you ask). The first two are hard protein treatments.

I don't know what to tell you about scalp itching, other than it could be an allergic reaction or you didn't rinse well enough. I will say that you need to carefully watch your hair for the next month. I really hope you didn't overload on the protein because that can cause hardness, dryness, and ultimately breakage.

You need to do a moisturizing DC stat. What do you have on hand?

Mrs_Lathom

Thanks to everyone that responded....I do believe I had an allergic reaction to the ORS....the next day I used some on my daughters hair and broke out in hives....yucky yuck yuck:rolleyes:

I am soooo mad because I really like the softness of my hair what am I to do now? I am open to any suggestions for deep conditioning.

I really like Joico...wondering if I should just purchase their line what do ya'll think?

Desarae

ORS had done that to my scalp as well, especially if I didn't rinse it out good enough, it leaves a film on your scalp that itches. Shampoo your scalp with a clear shampoo.

supermodelsonya

Hmm...I wonder what ingredients you could be allergic to in the ORS? A doctor can give you an allergy test and be able to let you know all the things you are allergic to.

Just so you avoid ORS and other products with similar ingredients in the future. Sucks to waste your money on stuff that you can't use. :)