Lenzi's Request & itchy scalp

neet4

Did anyone else get itchy scalp after using Lenzi's Request? I washed my hair and my scalp was fine until I used the Lenzi's Request. Now I am trying hard to refrain from scratching every few minutes. I'm going to have to wash my hair again because the itching won't stop.

What ingredient could be causing the itching? Is there sulfur in Lenzi's Request. My mom said that sulfur causes her terrible itching.

Neet

kaykaybobay

so far lenzi's doesnt even give me a tingle. You could have an allergy to something in it. If it has sulfer you could be allergic to that. Sulfer allergies are nothing to mess with.

lil'paw

I use it too. It did give me a nice little tingle and warming sensation but just like this other poster said after about 3 or 4 days or so you get the itchies.
I'm just trying to hang in there cause that was my latest purchase and everybody is really raving about the stuff.

saved06

I started using it for about a week now and I do not have the tingles. How much are you applying? I just put a very thin layer.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo or if you don't have that try rinsing your hair with Apple Cider Vinegar to get it out.

cocopuff

I really like this product but it does make my head itch about 1 to 2 days after I apply it. All of a sudden I find myself scramblin' to get to the center of my head to scratch an itch. I guess I have gotten used to it though because I'm still using it.

texasqt

I had the itchies and some days they were really bad. After a month's use, I never noticed a rash or saw any redness but I believe it was some type of allergic reaction. I've used sulfur before and olive oil so its something in her 'essential oils' mixture. I've been using Odorless MTG and haven't had any itchies but others have experienced the warm tingles using that too. Since its not itching now, I'm waiting to see if I get the same growth results. Keeping my fingers crossed because I'd rather not have the itchies.

mturner0516

I've been using lenzi's request for about 3 weeks now and having the same issue, it usually stops after about 2 days, however i cw every 3 days so I get some relief.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Ladies, I have very strong opinions about this product. But because I don't feel like arguing with the Texas 10, I'm not going to go there, all I will say is this:

An itchy scalp does not mean your hair is growing. It means your scalp is telling you to get this ish off your head.

Listen to your scalp.

Nice & Wavy

I've never had a problem with an itchy scalp with this product. For the past several months of using it, I have absolutely no problems with Lenzi's Request whatsoever.

sareca

JCoily said:
Ladies, I have very strong opinions about this product. But because I don't feel like arguing with the Texas 10, I'm not going to go there, all I will say is this:

An itchy scalp does not mean your hair is growing. It means your scalp is telling you to get this ish off your head.

Listen to your scalp.

:lachen: @ Texas 10. Mine stopped itching so it's obviously not a problem, but thanks for looking out. :rosebud:

ETA: MSM made me breakout, at first. Henna made my hair a little dry, at first. Exercise made my muscles very sore, at first. I perservered and I'm so glad I did. I don't quit because something is uncomfortable. I quit when I see damage or experience pain. The easiest most comfortable road is rarely the right one.

Last edited:

neet4

I have washed all the itchiness away. The crown of my head was itching so bad!

This wasn't the first time I have used Lenzi's Request. I didn't attribute my itching to this product before because I was using other things. I went about 2 weeks without using it and I remember thinking that my scalp felt good. Then I used it after washing my hair and that's when the intense itching started. Previously, the Lenzi's Request had a smooth texture to it, but when I used it the other day, I could feel tiny, tiny grains of something in it. I have never felt the tingling of the scalp that some others have reported feeling when using Lenzi's Request.

Lenzi's Request is now a "has been" for me!