Help with Aphogee!!!

londonjakki

Hi....I did an aphogee treatment on friday..I followed with the aphogee moisturizer & lekair cholestrol (pink) ...my hair seems so dry (its mostly natural)
I got braids yesturday and before braiding I noticed how dry my hair felt....I took out a few of the braids in front and it feels soooo dry...I was wondering do I need to add moisture ..should I wash with a moisturizing shampoo? If yes plse offer which shampoos are great for moisture and also a moisturizing leavein
TIA

:)l:) :)

londonjakki said:
Hi....I did an aphogee treatment on friday..I followed with the aphogee moisturizer & lekair cholestrol (pink) ...my hair seems so dry (its mostly natural)
I got braids yesturday and before braiding I noticed how dry my hair felt....I took out a few of the braids in front and it feels soooo dry...I was wondering do I need to add moisture ..should I wash with a moisturizing shampoo? If yes plse offer which shampoos are great for moisture and also a moisturizing leavein
TIA

Hardcore proteins do have the ability to dry your hair out if you don't moisturize well after them. It may not hurt to use a moisturizing shampoo (like Nexxus Therappe or Nexxus Phyto Organics Theratin) but you really need a moisturizing conditioner (like Nexxus Humectress or Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectin, or even Motions Moisture Plus). I have also used Humectin as a leave-in before and it worked great. Another moisturizing leave-in I like is Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal Leave-In Comb-In Treatment.

Whenever I use a reconstructor, I always deep condition afterwards.

navsegda said:
Hardcore proteins do have the ability to dry your hair out if you don't moisturize well after them. It may not hurt to use a moisturizing shampoo (like Nexxus Therappe or Nexxus Phyto Organics Theratin) but you really need a moisturizing conditioner (like Nexxus Humectress or Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectin, or even Motions Moisture Plus). I have also used Humectin as a leave-in before and it worked great. Another moisturizing leave-in I like is Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal Leave-In Comb-In Treatment.

Whenever I use a reconstructor, I always deep condition afterwards.
Thank you sooo much Navegda..... I had written down Nexxus....I'm on my way to the store
:) :) :)

After aphogee, I always do a moisturizing deep condition. I use Keracare Humecto under the dryer and that usually gets my hair back to feeling soft.

londonjakki said:
TIA

I definitely agree with Nav :yep: You need to restore your hair's moisture balance. The balancing moisturizer that is supposed to follow the hard core treatment is really not all that great at moisturizing or helping your hair feel normal again. It's to the point where I don't even use it anymore afterward. Then the LeKAir on top of that really put you over the edge. Being mostly natural, you probably don't need that strong of a level of protein conditioning- unless you're color-treated. I usually reach for Creme of Nature Nourishing Conditioner, AtOne Botanicals Conditioner, or Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner after an aphogee treatment. And cosigning Lizleila's KeraCare humecto.

I always recommend sulfate free shampoos because they are the best at keeping textured hair moisturized. They are very,very gentle on the hair. The ones I like are Creme of Nature (green label) and Neutragena Triple Moisture Cream lather shampoo. The NTM has sodium tricedeth sulfate which is easier on the hair than the harsher sulfates. There are some good shampoos that contain those detergents, but if you're hair is feeling squeaky, squeaky clean after a wash you know its too stripping for weekly/regular use.

For moisturizing leave-ins, I like Kenra Daily Provision. Some folks like NTM silk touch as a moisturizing leave in, but if your hair doesn't like "cones" you might want to steer clear of that one. I happen to like it though!

Keep us posted.:)

londonjakki said:
TIA

Have you checked out the recipe that Softresses posted that she found on another hair board? Go to her album and she has it posted. I have been using it for 2 weeks and my hair is sooooo soft. You add aphogee to cholestrol with another ingredient and it is so creamy and it goes on the hair so smoothly. I will be using this concoction as my weekly deep conditioner. Thanks Softresses for the post.

Thank you ladies...I will check out Softresse's album ....
One more question ...I washed just now with NTM triple moisture shampoo.....I was planning on doing the crown and Glory ,,,can i use the infusium 23 leavin, or is that more protein:) :) :)
TIA

londonjakki said:
One more question ...I washed just now with NTM triple moisture shampoo.....I was planning on doing the crown and Glory ,,,can i use the infusium 23 leavin, or is that more protein:) :) :)
TIA
I think that one has protein. Alot of people say that Infusium 23 makes their hair hard.

londonjakki said:
TIA

That's more protein. After Aphogee, you really don't need anymore. Try to use a leave-in without protein.

I would steer clear of the Infusium! Especially if its the brown label (original formula). The teal label is the moisturizing one, but it is still a little protein heavy. I'd go with a braid spray. Most braid sprays are pretty good for moisturizing while doing C & G. They are usually full of humectants. :yep: Also, Kenra Daily provision leave in would be the perfect spray for keeping your sprays moisturized.

When I was doing C & G back in the day, I made my own moisturizing spray that was basically water, S-Curl, and a touch of suave milk and honey conditioner and almond oil. And variations of that. I would shake it up and mist it over the braids for moisture days.

Fancy, do you have a link to that thread or post?

Sistaslick said:
I would steer clear of the Infusium! Especially if its the brown label (original formula). The teal label is the moisturizing one, but it is still a little protein heavy. I'd go with a braid spray. Most braid sprays are pretty good for moisturizing while doing C & G. They are usually full of humectants. :yep: Also, Kenra Daily provision leave in would be the perfect spray for keeping your sprays moisturized.

When I was doing C & G back in the day, I made my own moisturizing spray that was basically water, S-Curl, and a touch of suave milk and honey conditioner and almond oil. And variations of that. I would shake it up and mist it over the braids for moisture days.

Fancy, do you have a link to that thread or post?

There is another thread entitled "Softresses thank you". If you do a search, the link is posted in that thread.

I sprayed some braid spray after washing with ntm now its dried and I took out a few more braids and its so much softer.....THANK YOU so much ladies.....I appreciate all your feedback.....

LHCF members are wonderful :clapping: :dance7: =

Back