Help with back growing slower than the sides?

Mizani_Mrs

hello ladies! I'm doing good with my growth and enjoying taking care of my hair. I just have one issue. I continually have to trim the sides of my hair so that it is even with the back length. I'm not a fan of perfectly trimmed hair, but i do need my hair to be 'naturally even. Does anyone have this problem, also? I just really wish that the back would grow just as fast as the sides. :mad: I can't think of anything i'm doing wrong...I only use heat 1x week (blowdry), I moisturize daily and i take good care of it. if anyone found a solution, i would appreciate some advice...

lana

I read your post and I'm looking forward to the advice the ladies will offer. The back of my hair grows slowly and so far as a natural this is the longest it's ever been. But I hope it can grow past this point. Well...I know it can...I just haven't seen it yet. (smiles)

This is a great post. Can't wait to read the responses.

SisterGirl*

I'm interested in the responses for this question as well. Even before I began caring for my hair the sides grew faster than the middle, and now that I'm practicing healthy hair care it grows even faster. I wish it was the other way around, or something that I could do. I don't believe that you are doing anything wrong per se, just the natural growth patterns of your hair :)

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
Ditto! I, too, would appreciate any suggestions except I have the opposite problem: the back grows like crazy, my front and sides like molasses traveling uphill in the wintertime. :ohwell: Probably genetic, like SisterGirl states. I basically just leave my hair alone, but the layers are driving me bonkers and I refuse to cut the back of my hair about 4 inches to be same length as the sides. I have a feeling I'm just going to have to learn to live with it. :(

Queenie

I have the opposite problem. The front half of my head grows at half the rate of the back.

Well I was finally able to get them both to grow at the same rate by simulating the scalp in the slow growing areas. I use an essential oil mixture, black seed oil, and red pepper. I've done it 3x/wk for 10 mon. Currently I am trying to do 7x/wk. Try scalp massages too.

star

I use natural hair butters on my sides and edges every morning and at night light oil at night on the sides and edges fathfully. You probaly have the problem from friction while you are sleeping and combing. I use to have thin sides but now my edges are thriving I have been doing the regime about every day and it has paid off. Try if for 30 or 60 days straight I am sure you will see results.

I use aloe butters and other natural butters; I rotate with oils mix with cayenne pepper like castor and olive.

WesternEyes

I have that problem as well, and i've narrowed it down to relaxing my hair in the back first. The chemicals stay on longer and my hair tends to be weaker in the back than the front and sides. So for me its not a problem of slow growth but breakage. But now i'm combating my breakage with olive oil. It's working great!

lexi84

I used to have this same problem and as soon as I stopped wearing my hair down so often and wore protective styles religiously, my back caught up at lightning speed. Now I have my sides growing slightly slower than the back, but thats just my natural growth rate and I actually prefer it this way. Are you wearing your hair down after you use heat weekly? If so then this is most definitely your problem. If your hair is rubbing against your shirt collar every single day then your hair is breaking off at a quicker rate in the back than on the sides.

amorette

star said:
I use natural hair butters on my sides and edges every morning and at night light oil at night on the sides and edges fathfully. You probaly have the problem from friction while you are sleeping and combing. I use to have thin sides but now my edges are thriving I have been doing the regime about every day and it has paid off. Try if for 30 or 60 days straight I am sure you will see results.

I use aloe butters and other natural butters; I rotate with oils mix with cayenne pepper like castor and olive.
star what are the ratios u use for the cayenne and castor oil mixes? does that burn your scalp?

amorette

star said:

star what are the ratios u use for the cayenne and castor oil mixes? does it burn your scalp? sounds painful....