Help with back of hair please

mystery29

I currently have a hair cut that has my hair be long in the front and on the sides but short in the back. My hair was cut this way due to a set back from the winter. During my process of re-growing my hair I keep my style very simple wash and condition once a week and bunning 95% of the time. My hair in the front and on the sides have grown out tremendously but the hair in the back is struggling and seems to be growing slower. Anyone have any info or suggestions on what could be going on or what I could do?

darlingdiva

Do you wear tight buns? If you do, maybe it's too much pressure on your hair in the back?

Do you know the average growth rates for the different sections in your head? Is there a possibility that the back grows more slowly than the other sections, or is this something that you've noticed since you've been bunning?

bravenewgirl87

The best advice i can give is to use a growth aid to speed up the growth, massage it in and baby that area with constant moisture.

mystery29

Do you wear tight buns? If you do, maybe it's too much pressure on your hair in the back?

Do you know the average growth rates for the different sections in your head? Is there a possibility that the back grows more slowly than the other sections, or is this something that you've noticed since you've been bunning?

No before my setback I was always bunning and my hair grew at an excellent rate mainly the back now its like the sides and front of my hair are just growing faster. Bunning is what has brought my hair back stronger but the back became a problem area after a sew-in and it hasnt been the same since

mystery29

bravenewgirl87 right now besides my vitamins I am using a sulfur mix which seems to be working. I have very little shedding and breakage and I moisturize with NTM leave in before bunning

IMFOCSD

I currently have a hair cut that has my hair be long in the front and on the sides but short in the back. My hair was cut this way due to a set back from the winter. During my process of re-growing my hair I keep my style very simple wash and condition once a week and bunning 95% of the time. My hair in the front and on the sides have grown out tremendously but the hair in the back is struggling and seems to be growing slower. Anyone have any info or suggestions on what could be going on or what I could do?

Hi,

I had my haircut very close to yours except the nape area was shaved.

I began growing my own hair out, i shampooed, DCed and flatironed every week or two. I went and bought the slimmest flat irons i could find. I also began stretching relaxers to 12 weeks.

I wore ponytails with curly/wavy weave or i made my own wigs as protective styles.

I kept all my hair at one length until the back caught up.

Aloe vera gel and scurl were my best friends back then lol. This was about two years ago and i grew it to the length next to my screen name.

bravenewgirl87

bravenewgirl87 right now besides my vitamins I am using a sulfur mix which seems to be working. I have very little shedding and breakage and I moisturize with NTM leave in before bunning

That's really the best you can do. In this thread are some recipes that I KNOW work for breakage. Also, try to find Surge Moisture Aide or Aphogee Fatty Acids to keep the hair supple and moist.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=35278&highlight=biotin+shampoo