Help with Protective Styles!

lovelexi

I have shoulder length hair. Is protective styles necessary to retain length? Im wearing mostly low manipulation styles i feel like my hair isnt long enough for buns. Oh and I absolutely do not want to put any kind of hair on my head that isnt my own. :nono: so my question is...are there any cute buns or other protective styles for SL hair?

pattyr5

I started out with barely chin lenght hair and now, I'm past shoulder length. Right now, I'm doing wash and go's because of the heat, but prior I was rocking the Twist-Outs, Braids outs and Roller sets. With the roller sets I would pick apart the curls and pin the hair up in a cut messy untied nest. When I sleep with a scarf on, I can just refresh the curls with a little S-curl, coconut oil and wear it the same way again and again.

KinkyGenius

My hair is a few inches pass SL but I do a lot of pinned up flexirod sets, braidouts and my "true" protective style of choice is flexirodding my bang hair, bagging the rest of hair and putting on one of these beanies:

ordered from www.crochetlove.net (she can make them in just about any color)

lovelexi

I started out with barely chin lenght hair and now, I'm past shoulder length. Right now, I'm doing wash and go's because of the heat, but prior I was rocking the Twist-Outs, Braids outs and Roller sets. With the roller sets I would pick apart the curls and pin the hair up in a cut messy untied nest. When I sleep with a scarf on, I can just refresh the curls with a little S-curl, coconut oil and wear it the same way again and again.
i've been doing exactly that...didnt think it was good enough but i guess it is. thanks for that! and those styles are really cute to

My hair is a few inches pass SL but I do a lot of pinned up flexirod sets, braidouts and my "true" protective style of choice is flexirodding my bang hair, bagging the rest of hair and putting on one of these beanies:

ordered from www.crochetlove.net (she can make them in just about any color)

i'll try that. especially in the cooler months. i love accessories.

shasha8685

I choose styles that (ideally) keep my ends off my shoulders. I may do flexirod sets, bun using a 'donut' (SL hair is perfect for this), keep my hair in braids, etc. I also wear phony ponies but this may not be an option for you since you want to wear your own hair out.