Help with uneven hair

mzperkins

Hi all ~
Need help....I just taken down my kinky braids last night, wash, DC, blow dried afterwards and notice the front and sides of my hair is very short and uneven like if it broke off.....however the middle and back grew some
length. I set an appt with my stylist on Feb 7th and I know she will want me to get a big chop to even up my whole head.
Question I have is a big chop the only way to get my hair back even and healthy or can I get it to grow back even by nursing it and putting time care into it?
Please comment and submit any advice you have to help me in my decision.

Thank u

You're going to have to cut regardless. You have a choice of doing the big chop and just evening it out or let her trim a little with each visit until it evens out.

Whimsy

If you don't want to lose what length you have, you can trim slowly away at it, and do curly styles to disguise the length difference in the mean time ?

Sarahh.

I have the same problem. I don't want to lose the length I have in the back so I'm just going to let it grow out to bsl (my final goal) and then trim to even it up.

locabouthair

If you don't want to lose what length you have, you can trim slowly away at it, and do curly styles to disguise the length difference in the mean time ?

I have uneven hair too and this is what I'm doing. I'm gonna trim 1/2 every touchup.