Henna on Relaxed Hair

toinette

Tricking the president
I know there is a type of Henna that is safe for relaxed hair and another type that is not compatible with relaxing. Can anyone explain to me the difference between the two and give me some names? I also want one that is compatible with permanent haircolor in case i plan on going back to regular hair dye int he future. I'm mostly interested in the conditioning aspects of henna.

For the past two years I've been using Lush's Cacas henna. I really like it but it is messy and takes at least half a day.

From what I understand, it's important to use henna that is pure henna. Some of them have aluminum (or some kind of metal) in them which is not good.

I don't know about permanent haircolor use after a henna. My hair is too fragile to take both relaxer and permanent haircolor. Although hennas are permanent but it's because it acts as a stain.

Also, I have heard if you over use hennas, that's not good either (you might do a search - there was a post on this a couple of months ago). Because the haircolor is so subtle I only use henna maybe three times a year.

I use Bigen. I don't know if it's a Henna or not but it works great with relaxed hair. And it's permanent.

P8618.gif

Go here to see it.

I use hennalucent on my relaxed hair. I buy it at sally's
It is a great product for me, and it is safe for relaxed hair.
Zanna

Back