Henna Recipe with yogurt

marygrove013

I can't remember who posted this recipe:

100 gr henna
50 gr Amla powder
16 oz yougurt
1 pkg gelled pectin

Anyway, how did your hair like this recipe...I mixed this recipe too but added : honey, EVOO, and a few drops of Rosemary oil....It's sitting now & I hope the dye releases...Thanks for your help in advance, ladies : )

Bumping,

Sorry, I have been away. I am just now home and checking up on my pms and posts.

The above henna mix is what I use on my hair. Initially I used the 50g of Amla, then I cut it down to 1 or 2 tablespoons. The Amla is conditioning but it is very acidic. Over time too much of it could make your hair hard.

I add a some drops of Lavender oil sometimes, and sometimes not, This mixture worked great for me and I hope it works equally well for you.

The mixture can be kept refridgerated for a few days. You may also keep your leftovers in the freezer. If you have some left over but not enough to do your whole head, you can add conditioner to the mix and make a nice henna gloss. It is a condiitoner treatment with henna that will give a lovely gloss but is not full strength.

I hope this helped and again I am sorry, for being out of town and not able to answer your posts/pm.

Softresses

Softresses,

Thanks...It's not in my frig but in my very cold basement...I'll put it in the frig when I get home after work! I hope keeping it in the basement (instead of frig) doesn't spoil it...Anyway, I did a strand test & my harvested hair came out good : ) I plan to use it this weekend...The left overs (if any), I'll freeze it...Thanks & I will cut down on the amla powder for next time : )

Kim

I hope everyting turned out great for you. You will find that the next time you do it, it will feel even more strong and conditioned.

Welcome to Henna Land!

Softresses

Thanks...The one thing I am missing from my relaxed tresses is more thickness...So, getting more thickness & covering some grays is the main reason I would like to henna...Do you get a better hair coloring experience applying henna with gloves or applying it with a color brush?

I don't use either, the mixture with the yogurt in it is so easy to apply and clean off so I don't bother. I use my hands, I do get a little stain on my skin but not enough to worry about. If you don't have polish on to protect your nails you may want to use gloves however, because henna will dye your nails and need to grow out.

HTH

Softresses

Back