Scalp Oil Recipe

Melody.Monroe

Okay...when I get my money right I am going to make a Scalp Oil (I might be big chopping and keeping braids in for a while), and I am going to apply this to my Scalp 3x a week and also Spray my hair with a Aloe Gel/Water/MSM spray that I am making. Here is the recipe!!

Scalp Oil

• 4oz Jojoba Oil (Carrier)
  • 4oz Rosehip Oil (Carrier)
  • Carrot Root Oil (Essential Oil) @ 16 Drops/oz
  • Rosemary Oil (Essential Oil) @ 8 Drops/oz
  • Sage Oil (Essential Oil) @ 3 Drops/oz (Very Strong)
  • Lavender Oil (Essential Oil) @ 8 Drops/oz
  • 0.2 oz Vitamin E Oil (Vitamin)
Conditioning Spray

• 8 oz Aloe Vera Gel or Aloe-Water
  • 4 Tbsp MSM Powder (to dissolve in Aloe Gel)
  • 1 Tbsp (or less) Silk Amino Acid Powder (also dissolved in the water)
Let me know if y'all have some suggestions!! Just wanted to share...maybe someone else can make some and tell me the progress they have also!! :grin:

lovepeacesoul

I've been using oils on my scalp for about a month and they're my saving grace. I chopped back in August so I'm in the TWA stage. Idk if it's bc my hair is short, but I was really bothered by the dryness and itchiness. Here are the oils I use:

Grapeseed Oil
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Camelina Oil
Rosemary Extract

And that's it. The rosemary by itself is amazing and it's really soothing at bedtime. My bf says I smell like "Bengay" but i don't care! It's working lol

A Pinch of Honey

Vashti

I mix olive oil and castor oil and use that to oil my scalp. Been doing this since February. I substitute coconut oil in place of the olive oil in the spring and summer. I use Amla oil once a week. The oils give my hair a high sheen. I love it!

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

i've been "moisturizing my braids for about a week, acv rinsing my scalp, rinsing my hair and this iiiish is locking at the base already!!!

they gotta come out, i didnt BC to lose hair with individual braids

i'll have to try half wigs.... and wigs are not my thing

Melody.Monroe

i've been "moisturizing my braids for about a week, acv rinsing my scalp, rinsing my hair and this iiiish is locking at the base already!!!

they gotta come out, i didnt BC to lose hair with individual braids

i'll have to try half wigs.... and wigs are not my thing

OMG! Your hair is locking!! You make me wanna think twice about getting braids. Last time I only kept them in for like a month (pixies) because I was tired of them and missed my real hair so bad. Same thing for when I had a sew in. I just feel better with my hair out. But IFFFFF I BC then it won't be enough to do bunning. That is what I have been doing this week. I guess I will have to stick with bunning...I just don't like the elastics in my hair...

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

OMG! Your hair is locking!! You make me wanna think twice about getting braids. Last time I only kept them in for like a month (pixies) because I was tired of them and missed my real hair so bad. Same thing for when I had a sew in. I just feel better with my hair out. But IFFFFF I BC then it won't be enough to do bunning. That is what I have been doing this week. I guess I will have to stick with bunning...I just don't like the elastics in my hair...

well i was a serious micro braid fanatic waaaaay before this hair journey,

I had perfected the match as best as possible EXCLUDING all the hair knowledge that I have picked up in recent years.... so I was the only one with edges in my area :lachen: :lachen: who wore micro's frequently

but I wasn't using the moisture techniques that i use now
If i could figure how the crown & glory method worked (spraying the braids daily) without them locking at the base.... that's one thing but mine started sticking early

Nonie has been perfecting this task for a while, but i have severe scalp itch so acv cleansing my scalp and rinsing my hair..... along with moisturizing the braids caused a ruckus

trying not to but moisturizing sprays on the base was harder than it sounded (with short hair.... I BC'd this year)
so idk, not working out..... my edges were already doing that stuck/locking thing at the base in 1 weeks time!

no ma'am no ma'am..... i didn't go afro to repeat this shyyyyyyyte!!! hair first! style last

if you're gonna go with the braids.... learn from NONIE and the crown & glory method... but my hair didn't pull it out

Last edited: