Henna Users

lovelygal

Any current Henna Users who have dyed their hair with blond/alburn streaks. My hair is permed, henna & indigo black color and I want a natural product to put steaks in my hair, is their a henna product to accomplish this.

Any henna users who have grey roots and find that the henna only stays for 1-2 weeks and then it washes out..How can I get the grey roots to stay black.

SplashAtl

Any current Henna Users who have dyed their hair with blond/alburn streaks. My hair is permed, henna & indigo black color and I want a natural product to put steaks in my hair, is their a henna product to accomplish this.

Any henna users who have grey roots and find that the henna only stays for 1-2 weeks and then it washes out..How can I get the grey roots to stay black.

I'd like to know about the grey also. I went to Henna mainly to cover my grey and because it was natural. The henna seems to rinse off my grey just like the rinses I use to use. I would love to know if there is anything I can do to get the henna to stay on longer.

Moroni

I had a few gray strands, but I henna weekly, so I don't know what happens to them after a while without henna. The gray hairs are a very pretty copper color though.

blackbarbie

I don't have a solution but just popped in to say that I would love to achieve some highlighted henna (blondish color) highlights as well. When I went to the hennaforhair website and looked at the different recipes, (i think there is an e-book you can sign up for there) I saw that adding different things to your mix produces different results. It seems that adding turmeric to the mix will give it some kind of lighter color (more golden). I am going back to research this as I am looking to take the plunge with henna myself. (i've only used cassia before)

BB

poookie

henna can't lighten hair. the only way i know of to use it and get golden results would be to use chemicals to lighten your natural color, and use more cassia than henna in your mixture.

i henna, and even though i love the deep reddish color (in sunlight), i want my whole hair to be lightened. i'm thinking of using clairol's luminizer for a few months, and henna-ing on top of it.

kiesha8185

Bumping and subscribing to this thread!

I am also relaxed, henna, and indigo'ed and would love to achieve the same highlights/streaks as well in a couple of months. However, like poookie said, I don't think there's a way to lighten the hair except through chemicals.

AKA-Tude

Yep. the only way to lighten is to use chemicals.

But then you can use the henna or hendigo to 'naturalize' the streaks.

It looks pretty.

But you have to do the chems first.

lovelygal

ok thanks. Which one of these would be better, more healtheir to use on henna/indigo permmed hair, matrix prizms, texture and tone or natural instincts to achieve the highlights.

AKA-Tude

ok thanks. Which one of these would be better, more healtheir to use on henna/indigo permmed hair, matrix prizms, texture and tone or natural instincts to achieve the highlights.

Well, I'm not sure about those.

My highlights were done w/bleach (hair frosting)- the worst of all!!!