Hennalucent Neutral vs. Colourshines Clear

Neroli

Okay, I recently posted questions regarding sebastians colorshines clear (formerly sebastians laminates) and didn't really get a lot of feedback. I'm STILL looking for the list of ingredients. Anywho, to repeat, I am very interested in a treatment that will NOT color, but highlight and add shine to my own hair color. I think either hennalucent neutral or colourshines clear might be just the thing. I am 4b relaxed with affirm lye and would appreciate any feedback. Couple of questions:

1. is hannalucent safe to use on relaxed hair? I have been able to determine that colorshines is safe for relaxed hair.

2. if familiar with both products, please state which you prefer and why.

3. if familiar with only one, please give a review of the product

4. I would also appreciate knowing hair type and whether relaxed with lye, no lye, natural, etc.

5. anything you care to share about either product.

TIA

free2bme

I'm relaxed and have used both. Hands down I prefer Sebastians. It's not as messy and I think I get more shine and body with sebastians. I've only used hennalucent once and i figured it wasn't worth the hassle.

Neroli

free2bme, did you use the sebastians clear? Did you do yourself or did you have professionally done? PLEASE post the ingredients if you can. Thank you!

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Neroli said:
Okay, I recently posted questions regarding sebastians colorshines clear (formerly sebastians laminates) and didn't really get a lot of feedback.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought Sebastian Colourshines was formerly Sebastian Cellophanes.

Neroli

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
Neroli said:
Okay, I recently posted questions regarding sebastians colorshines clear (formerly sebastians laminates) and didn't really get a lot of feedback.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought Sebastian Colourshines was formerly Sebastian Cellophanes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right! My bad . . .

Wolftrap

I was so interested in trying this. I was just thinking about it the other day. Since I was a kid even before I got a perm, in the summer my hair gets a very light brown reddish color. Almost like a penny. I love it and was looking for a way to bring out that natural color more. I thought Sebastians clear would be good to try. I think I may do it.

Neroli

Wolftrap, my hair gets that very light brown reddish color too, with gray streaks, and I LOVE it and want to brighten and bring out the colors. Let me know if you do this before I do -- I may do next week as I will be 6 weeks post relaxer and intend to stretch at least 10 weeks, maybe 12 before my next touchup. . .

Wolftrap

No problem I will let you know. I am just so afraid to do anything to my hair other than what I have been doing because I don't wanna "rock the boat" so to speak. I'm scared if I change something my hair won't grow anymore.

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
Neroli & Wolftrap, I use cellophanes regularly every 4 weeks, I also get the summer color changes, only I don't like the red hair on me. I don't think that the Sebastians Clear will brighten and bring out the colors and it definately wont highlight. It will add shine but it will more likely keep your hair from lightening as much.

Neroli

Thanks Brooke007: I'm not looking for "highlights" per se, just the extra shine to enhance my natural colors -- although I DO like my natural summer reddish color, it sounds like its still worth a try. Have you used the clear or do you use a color?

Neroli

Okay, I'm going to try the hennalucent neutral this weekend because it's cheaper and easier to obtain ($3 at any bss). I intend to try the colorshines within 4 to 6 weeks and do a comparision (also gives me time to order and pay for the colorshines clear which runs about $22 plus delivery)