Hex On Hair

Pumpkin

Some of you may think I have lost my mind but this is something I have always wanted to bring up but haven't had the guts to do so.

I am of West Indian decsent so maybe this is just a cultural thing.

Do you ladies think it is possible for someone to hate the fact that you have beautiful hair so much that they would wish ill to it?? In addition do you sometimes think it can really affect your hair?? I say this because my mother always told me to keep my hair hidden, especially around female members of my family because they would get SOOOO jealous of anyone that had healthy hair (that would be 99% of the female population cause these people have JACKED up hair). Once we heard my aunt comment in a spiteful way of how unfair it was that I had hair and her daughter didn't and that I wouldn't have hair for long. Well my hair broke off badly! Maybe it was just a coincidence but I think negative energy can play a big role in life. It's like if someone says "I wish I died" and everyone jumps at the person and says stop saying that, because there is the feeling that what you say from deep in your heart will manifest itself in some way. I think it can best be explained as something like the evil eye or really bad karma. This was the main reason no one was permitted to touch my hair when I was little.

I know this sounds really far fetched, but think of it. I am sorry for this weird post. Maybe I have been studying too long.

vevster

I am also of carribean descent and I personally believe that none of that sh** works if you don't believe in it.

Once you buy into the concept that any negative energy will affect you. IT WILL.
That is how I deal w/ all that supernatural, voodoo stuff...

HTH! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

pebbles

Pumpkin,

Being of west indian descent as well, I know that's how a lot of them tend to think. Please don't believe that anyone can hex your hair. They can't. Don't give anyone that much power over you. You are ultimately responsible for what happens to your hair. They can't wish it to fall out. I really think it was a coincidence that your hair fell out when it did.
Remember that you and only you can determine what the health of your hair is going to be. Take care of it and do what you have to do. Just my humble opinion. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Hey Pumpkin,

I do not think you are out of your mind. I am a Christian and I know that there are evil people out there. People think witches and warlocks are only in TV and movies, but there are real flesh and blood people out there practicing witchcraft and sorcery. The Bible does say that we shall have whatsoever we say so that negative energy you're talking about is real also. But the good news is that positive energy is just as effective if not more. I believe that as long as I(and anyone) am covered by the blood of Jesus then people can do what they want but no weapon formed against us shall prosper.

Life is hard, but God is good!

Valerie

Pumpkin
I am of Guyanese orgin. Hair is an essence of your body. It is not as far fetched as you think. There are some very negative people, and they wish you very bad things. What you have to do is to block the negative energy with positive energy, you have to think very positive thoughts. We have to stay away from people who are not good for our health, as for your hair. You have to focus and guidance when looking after your hair. You have to concentrate and get back what you have lost, which will grow back. You must ask for protection of anyone wishing you ill, and that you want to get on with your life. Remember you are powerful and she has no power over you. Whenever anyone comes to you and you know they are negative, you must repeat in your mind. "YOU HAVE NO POWER OVER ME. I AM POWERFUL" and that will give you strength.

Fashionista

Hi Pumpkin,

I am of West Indian descent and to piggy back off of what pebbles said only you have control of what happens to your hair. If you neglect your hair then it will show neglect if you nourish your hair it will look nourished. Do not take heed to anyone who throws negative forces toward you. If it were true that someone can wish your hair falls out and it actually happens then there wouldn't be any women with long hair because all the haters out there would be just a wishing away.

Take care of yourself and your hair and keep the negativity at a distance.

Pumpkin

I did not mean to offend anyone if I did. I just wanted to address something that everyone always keeps hush hush about. I also wanted to get a general consensus of what people thought of this out of curiosity because growing up it seemed to be a big issue. I just wanted to know if anyon else has heard of this.

I know others may wish ill upon me in many ways but I pay them no mind. In fact I try to stay away from people like that not out of fear, but for my own piece of mind.

Lucia

I'm from the carribean also. Yes this is a "cultural" thing throughout the carribean and latin america. If you let someone infest your spirit with negativity and fear then you will manifest it.
So when that woman made that drenched in jealousy comment to you, she wanted you to lose your length (consciously or subconsciously) b/c words have power. So it was in the back of your head subconsciously and it came true.
You have to be positive and don't buy into it, things only happen to you if you let them you ALWAYS have a choice.
hth

hada7

I agree Supergirl,

I am Born Again myself. I have sooo many books that discuss on demonic activity, witch craft, including voodoo, wicca, Harry Potter stuff,white magic, black magic oujia boards , fortune telling , HOROSCOPES , palm reading, spiritual guides, which are demons, and the like from a Christian perspective. Pick up books by Dr. Rebecca Brown . Sometimes you never know that someone has done something to you. One's only protection is Jesus Christ. Words do have power, that is why the scriptures always say to never say bad things or to thing good things. Well.....this is literal. But one can rebuke what was done to them through Christ Jesus.

To the original post:
It is also true that you just don't let everyone touch you. Too many things going on out there. There is a such thing as transferance.
Just make sure that you , yourself, DO NOT have anything in your home pertaining to curses or idols because that can lend to a neverending situation. And check out your family tree to see if anyone has delt with witchcraft, voodoo or whatever...that can be a factor too. what to do if there is?? Disconnect spiritual from that through Jesus, no one else can do that, no other diety. Another diety is but a demon (Literally) of falsehood, and will fool you into thinking that things are fine.

Demons are real (Once angels themselves and poses as other dieties of other religions), the Devil is real (once and Angel too), Angels are real, Hell is real, Heaven is real, Jesus is real, God is real.

Ok, now everyone thinks I am crazy too but I don't care. It is a Christians job to inform, whether the crowd likes it or not Someday in eternity we ALL will see the outcome and the Truth. It is Inevitable. So it is good to get ourselves on the right side from the beginning. When a plane is about to crash, guess the person that everyone calls on? Jesus!!! They don't call anyone else. Why? Eternity is staring them in the face .

So, if you find your hair breaking after an ill statement, and your guts, keep telling you that it is from what someone said, your gut , or should I say your spirit could be serving you right.

Hadassah

mona_cherie

Hi Pumpkin. I just wanted to say that this is not only a part of West Indian culture. I don't think you've lost your mind at all. My family is Creole from southern Louisiana and we believe in hexes and spells, curses, "roots". In fact, alot of our culture is West Indian in origin. To this day I will not just throw hair that I've shedded in the trash. It goes down the toilet.

Crysdon

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
To this day I will not just throw hair that I've shedded in the trash. It goes down the toilet.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

vevster

Question for Hada..

You also posted the full moon dates ---those dates tie into astrology. So isn't that off limits to you as a Christian?

Crysdon

Question for Hada..

You also posted the full moon dates ---those dates tie into astrology. So isn't that off limits to you as a Christian?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure it was her? Hada7?

I posted in that "moon &amp; stars haircutting" post and the author basically told me that it's for all the others who find it interesting.

I guess there are some on this board that believe in it. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

daviine

What i the thinking behond thi? My bf get mad at me when I throw my hair in the garbage.....I mean real uptight. Could you pleae explain what the thinking is behind this?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Hada!

I have one of Rebecca's books. It's called "He Came to Set the Captives Free." Very informative about such matters.

BronxDiva

To this day I will not just throw hair that I've shedded in the trash. It goes down the toilet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my God! I thought my family were the only ones who did this.... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

daviine

Please excuse the typos.....my "s" key wasn't working. I meant to say:

What is the thinking behind this? My bf gets mad at me when I throw my hair in the garbage.....I mean real uptight. Could you please explain what the thinking is behind this?

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

BronxDiva

Growing up my sisters and I were told that if you throw your hair in the garbage that the birds will pick yor hair and anyone can come and put roots on you with your hair. LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pumpkin

I was told that about hair too. My mother told me putting hair in the garbage is bad because it is going to be mixed with garbage.

There is also the belief that if you let a pregnant woman do your hair, it will fall out.

To us these things may sound weird, but remember this is a whole set of ideas based from African cultures before we even knew who Christ was. I am learning about women and slavery and these ideas stem from slaves' resistance to abide by white ideology and a way to keep their African heritage. These superstitions were a way of life and the norm for these people. They are not necessairly harmful towards others, it is just a different belief system. It is like the number 13 in Anglo tradition. It still holds true today with Friday the 13th. THe building I live in dosen't even have a 13th floor because that was considered bad luck.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I have heard of lots of buildings leaving out the 13th floor--like skipping from 12 to 14, but really the 14th floor is the 13th floor. (sarcasm)

Anyway, I am a director with Mary Kay and I live in Dallas where the headquarters is. 13 was actually Mary Kay's lucky # because she started the business on September 13, 1963(I believe it may have been a Friday also) The building is a beautiful 500,000 Sq. ft. building with exactly 13 Floors, her office (when she was living) was on the 13th floor. (the office is still there even though she isn't) She believed in the power of God more than superstition.

No Dis--I see what you're saying though /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my God! I thought my family were the only ones who did this....

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope I'm funny with that too. If I'm playing with my hair on the train or something and some hair sheds, it goes right in my bag or pocket. Always discarded of carefully and never in the bin.

mona_cherie

There's a bunch of bad things people are said to be able to do with some strands of hair. Voodoo dolls, curses hexes. My family, and other families like mine have a whole slew of beliefs and superstitions that would probably shock the heck out of alot of people. I'm ashamed to say, we even have some racist ones that the older folks still believe. As for the hair thing, this is a funny one because it was in a movie, so it's probably not going to happen. There was a movie with Rachel True who has a show on UPN about 4 teenage witches at a private high school. Well Rachel True put a curse on this snotty, racist blonde girl by plucking a strand of her long blonde hair. She made the girl go bald. I know I've gone waaaay off.

rosebud

For a long time, I knotted my shedded/broken off hair as many times as possible before placing in the garbage just in case someone found it and tried to do "something" with it!! I just realised that I don't do that anymore though. That was funny!!
rosebud.

hada7

....if you read what I posted before hand on the post...it explains that. Now, as far as I am concerned.....there are POSSIBLE, physiological, affects onhuman body....not "spooky" stuff. Yes I am a Christian. Most of our body is water........and I am imagining that there are some affects from the moon. The israelites did their feats by the New Moon.

That was my explaination..I have cut on those dates before which worked for me. I don't give an astrological explaination.

Thanks for pulling that up for me to explain. Bseides it helps me to keep up with WHEN I choose to trim. This is my main reason for choosing these dates.

And what else would you like to know??? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hada

hada7

Yes it is very informative. Dr. Brown has her stuff together. I have the book you mentioned and another one. I forgot because I let someone borrow it..lol.
Oh well.

hada

hada7

I know in my post I mentioned horoscopes and yes it touched a nerve in lots of people I guess. But it's the truth of the scriptures. I dont mean to step on toes, I was just stating what I read and know as a Christian. But it is everyones personal choice what they want to do. I am not a "Bible beater on head"type, though I would have my input to let people know what the deal is. I will state what is written and move on. So no need to get upset everybody, if you don't feel it beneficial to you, then don't read the post. I had no fear in mentioning what I said, and that is what being a child of God is all about...ok No I am not a popular post member and I don't care. he he he /images/graemlins/grin.gif (Maybe if I were more mainstream or had more to say) I am here to get info on hair.

Back to hair.

Hada

nita4

Pumpkin, I don't think your thought is weird of your families traditional perception of ancient custom. There are to many things in this world that cannot be explained in this natural realm.

Hada 7, girrrl read those books...totally feeling you on that.

I cut on the new moon and flush my hair down the toilet...has nothing to do with superstition.

To each his own... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

hairfanatic

I say this because my mother always told me to keep my hair hidden,

[/ QUOTE ]

Pumpkin,

My mother always told me this too. I would always burn any hair that came out into my comb etc. She used to always talk about people using it for Voodoo.