Hey Ladies

HotCoCoGurl130

I am new to this board and would appreciate some suggestions on how to grow my hair longer. There are soo many suggestions to read through that I thought it would be easier to ask people directly. I have 4b hair type and I wash it weekly.My hair is 8 inches in the front and 3-5 in the back(this is due to the wrapping breakage) I do blow dry and curl my hair but this is done just once a week. I deep condition every week and I currently use Hair Mayo. I use coconut oil on my scalp and I use i.c pm on my hair at night. I usually wrap my hair but that has caused air breakage around my hair line so I do not do it that often. I take 2000 mcg of Biotin a day with a multivitamin. Could someone give me some more suggestions on what else I can do and other supplements that I could take. Thanx

KitaWita

Welcome to the board, diamondchair!!

Although there are a lot of posts, you can do a search for what you are specifically looking for, i.e. if you need to stop breakage or combat dryness.

Here are some suggestions from me:

1. The main thing to retaining your length is MOISTURE!! Several of us do daily washes/rinses. Do a search for daily washing for more details. I shampoo once a week, do condition-only washes twice a week, and simply rinse with water the other days. You can also spray your hair with water. After wetting your hair, make sure to use a good oil or pomade to seal in the moisture.

2. Drink lots of water! Again, this goes back to moisture. Exercise is great to get the blood circulating throughout the body including the scalp. Scalp massages are great also!

3. No direct heat. I used to be dependent on my flat iron and blow dryer. NOT ANYMORE!! There are many things you can do with your hair that don't require direct heat. Rollar-sets, braid-outs, twist-outs, ponytail, bun, etc. Heat takes away the moisture.

This is just a start. Basically, you are going to have to try products and find a regimen that works for you. But don't worry, this board is full of very knowledgable and supportive people.

Good Luck and again welcome!!

Peachtree

Hi Diamondchair
Welcome.
I just gave another newbie a lot of tips. Let me find the thread... I'll copy it here for u.

EDITING THIS POST...

I was going to paste my tips here for u, but there's so many good tips on the thread that it'll probably be better for u to read the entire thread. So here it is

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Women&Number=81171&Forum=All_Forums&Words=122&Match=Username&Searchpage=2&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=81119&Search=true#Post81171