Hi Everyone + Herbal Essences Help?

Best/Most moisturizing HE conditioner to use after shampooing?

• Herbal Essences Hello Hydration

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Herbal Essences Break's Over

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Other HE conditoner

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aireen

Hi everyone! :hiya:
After lurking the forum for tips and tricks, I've finally paid my $6.50 to post. YAY! :)

So I need a bit of help. I mostly like drugstore products
since for me they tend to be cheaper than salon products and more accessible than going to a BSS. I'm a sucker for bright, eye-catching packaging and yummy, fragrant conditioners. :drunk: I've done a search but I can't seem to decide on one HE conditioner, so I've narrowed it down to what seems to be everyone's favourites, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Break's Over, and Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship.

I'm 4a relaxed and I don't want to protein overload so I think my hair needs a bit more moisture. I don't co-wash but I may try it soon since it seems that is what these conditioners are mostly used for. So I'd like to know the following:

- Has anyone used these conditioners after shampooing and how was it?
- Is it better to use these conditioners for co-washing?
- Since HE LTR has silk protein, is it better for me to go with the other two choices?
- Which of these is the most moisturizing and leaves your hair the softest?
- Has anyone used the shampoo that is paired with either one of these conditioners? How did it make your hair feel?

If these aren't your favourite HE conditioners you can add in the one you like the most. Thank you in advance and sorry for the long post! :)

EDIT: Thanks everyone for your input!
I ended up buying both HE HH and HE LTR since both of them were pretty much almost tied. I'll also be trying HE TMS if I like these later on. Thanks again everyone! :)

Last edited:

CurlTalk

Never tried the others, but I love me some HE Hello Hydration mixed with my DC and left on for a few hours. It's like magic! I also use it sparingly to moisturize on non-wash days.
ETA: I'm a 4a transitioner, btw.

Duff

WELCOME!!

I like HEHH and Tousle Me Softly. I just bought Totally Twisted. I only use them to cowash.

Last edited:

Aireen

Never tried the others, but I love me some HE Hello Hydration mixed with my DC and left on for a few hours. It's like magic! I also use it sparingly to moisturize on non-wash days.
ETA: I'm a 4a transitioner, btw.

Oh I see! :)
Yeah it seemed a lot of people liked Hello Hydration but then other posters would say Break's Over is more moisturizing.

Thanks so much for your input and tips. :)

Duff

HE TMS looks so appealing, but that's because I really like purple. :giggle:
I love it. it cowashes great, has slip and the smell is wonderful.

I went out after cowashing and while on the dance floor the guy kept saying, 'your hair smells really good!'

JuiceMobsta

HE Long term Relationship and HE Curls and Waves...gives good slip :grin:

OT: Suave naturals coconut gives good slip too...great for detangling in the shower imo.:yep:

naturalmanenyc

I love HE Totally Twisted Conditioner (cowash with it) and the HE TT mousse works well for me too instead of gel. I have a few others that I do not use as often, None of Your Frizziness, Hello Hydration and Break's Over.

I also love the HE LTR leave-in. I cowashed with HE TT and used HE LTR leave-in for my braid out today. http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/still-trying-to-get/

I guess I will be picking up tousle me softly too :)

I'm natural - 4a/3c.

Aireen

I love it. it cowashes great, has slip and the smell is wonderful.

I went out after cowashing and while on the dance floor the guy kept saying, 'your hair smells really good!'

Absolutely! I want people to say, "Oh my, your hair smells great!" :grin:

I just washed my hair with Motions CPR Protein Reconstructor, it left my hair with good slip but strong at the same time. When I was combing it though it smelt old... :perplexed Weird, especially since I just washed it. :ohwell: Although, I guess it's the protein since I read in one of the threads that strong protein treatments tend to be stinky...

Aireen

I love HE Totally Twisted Conditioner (cowash with it) and the HE TT mousse works well for me too instead of gel. I have a few others that I do not use as often, None of Your Frizziness, Hello Hydration and Break's Over.

I also love the HE LTR leave-in. I cowashed with HE TT and used HE LTR leave-in for my braid out today. http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/still-trying-to-get/

I guess I will be picking up tousle me softly too :)

I'm natural - 4a/3c.

Oh awesome your braid out looks so nice! Love your curls! :)
I want to try braid outs too since I mostly wear my hair straight and that's a bit boring... :grin:

LaFemmeNaturelle

HE Hydralicious Reconditioning is THE BEST FOR ME! I've tried LTR (it was ok nothing to brag about and did not repurchase), Hello Hydration was TERRIBLE I gave it away. Hydralicious gives me sooooo much slip, it melts in my hair and has amazing slip and my ng even loves it and i'm 20 weeks post! It's def a keeper for me.

Aireen

HE Hydralicious Reconditioning is THE BEST FOR ME! I've tried LTR (it was ok nothing to brag about and did not repurchase), Hello Hydration was TERRIBLE I gave it away. Hydralicious gives me sooooo much slip, it melts in my hair and has amazing slip and my ng even loves it and i'm 20 weeks post! It's def a keeper for me.

HE Hydralicious wasn't great for me. :nono: It just sat on my hair and barely conditioned. I'm willing to give the others a try though because of all the good reviews and the smell is so delicious. :lick:

lilsparkle825

i am totally in love with HE HH. i went from VO5 strawberries and creme to suave tropical coconut to aussie moist to the HE conditioners, and i think i will stay here for a while. i used to use LTR, but then i discovered HH and it was a wrap. it works so well as both a cowash conditioner and a leave-in, and of course it smells good. i just didn't get that uber moisturized feeling from LTR, maybe bc of the silk protein. i still have my first bottles of LTR and LTR leave-in, as a matter of fact, but have gone through a few bottles of HH and even started buying the bigger bottles from wal-mart.

i did try the HH shampoo, but my hair doesn't like sulfates at all so that was a no-go.

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
Totally Twisted
Dangerously Straight
Long Term Relationship

I hated HH. It did absolutely nothing for me and I never tried the Breaks Over.

HTH

Aireen

i am totally in love with HE HH. i went from VO5 strawberries and creme to suave tropical coconut to aussie moist to the HE conditioners, and i think i will stay here for a while. i used to use LTR, but then i discovered HH and it was a wrap. it works so well as both a cowash conditioner and a leave-in, and of course it smells good. i just didn't get that uber moisturized feeling from LTR, maybe bc of the silk protein. i still have my first bottles of LTR and LTR leave-in, as a matter of fact, but have gone through a few bottles of HH and even started buying the bigger bottles from wal-mart.

i did try the HH shampoo, but my hair doesn't like sulfates at all so that was a no-go.

Right now I use Aussie Moist and I love it! It leaves my hair so soft and easy to detangle, this conditioner is a must for when the new growth starts sprouting. So hearing that it's better than Aussie is making me have a PJ kick to buy at least 3 big bottles. I see them all the time and it's so tempting to buy but I don't want to risk it in case it doesn't work which would result in me just having a bunch of unused, sweet smelling product. :nono:

My hair doesn't mind sulfates but sometimes the drugstore shampoos leave my hair super hard and tangled. It would be nice to just use one product line instead of having to buy one specific shampoo.

I hope someone relaxed with a 4a/4b texture says one of the shampoos worked for them so I'll have more courage to try one out.

Kneechay

Hello Hydration all.the.freakin.way.

I'm natural and it helps melt my tangles during a wash session. My detangling comb just glides through. I tried a lot of brands, I LOVED the Hydralicious but the HE HH won me over. It smells great and I'm sure I'm going to stick with it for a while. I recommend this condish to everyone

Aireen

Hello Hydration all.the.freakin.way.

I'm natural and it helps melt my tangles during a wash session. My detangling comb just glides through. I tried a lot of brands, I LOVED the Hydralicious but the HE HH won me over. It smells great and I'm sure I'm going to stick with it for a while. I recommend this condish to everyone

You definitely make me want to buy this tomorrow. :drunk:
Does the smell last long?

Kneechay

i think you should at least try it. the smell lasts a decent amount of time. I have a hair spray bottle mixed with water oils and HE HH and it makes it last. People notice my hair scent

sharifeh

at least the conditioners are cheap, you can try a couple of them especially if they are on sale
I've only tried HH and LTR and out of the two, I like LTR better, but I don't know if either is a repurchase for me when they finish. Aussie moist is my baby daddy :giggle:

LTR smells heavenly though.

mjdaisy

I used both Hello Hydration & LTR.
I have to say LTR was the best, although they both smell good, it felt better on my hair when I deep-conditioned & afterward. Hello Hydration didn't leave my hair feeling moisturized ironically just heavy and idk..sticky? and wasnt doing anything to help the combing process when I needed it as much as LTR.

I have natural fine 4a hair btw.

Last edited: