Hi, I'm a newbie to the forum; got some questions!

tricie

Hi, ladies,

This forum is awesome! I am a newbie and just now reading up on some of the things that you do to grow your hair and I must say you ladies are highly dedicated and that is great motivation for me!

I need some clarification on some terms and perhaps some advice: what does WTG, and MN stand for? Also, has anyone had a good experience with henna (cassia obovata) for conditioning benefits? I just ordered a sample of it, and plan on trying it on a strand first!

My hair is 4a (i.e., really knappy come relaxer time that I can barely get a comb through it without using some kinda of lotion to soften it up) :); what do some of you other 4a hair types recommend as the best method for protective styling and growth? I had my hair cornrowed for a few months this past summer and found that to be great, but cornrows for me only last like 2 weeks, andit wasn't economical. I really love microbraids (only had em once), but would love to do it again.

Thanks for your help! :)

Hair type: 4a
Supplements: Biotin (5mg), Omega 3-6-9 (evening primrose and flaxseed oils), Whole Food Brands Hair, Skin and nail vitamins (MSM and silica), and Daily total vitamin (has extra biotin, and silica)
Hair length: back - below collar (I guess that could be a new length)
front - slighly past chin
Products: Mane & Tail shampoo, Ojon hydrating shampoo and conditioner and restorative treatment (nice stuff), EFA Gold coconut oil, Mizani shampoo and conditioner, Carol's Daughter Leave in conditioners, Healthy hair butter,Tui conditioner and others..yes, I am a PJ of sorts! :)
No challenge yet until I decide what I'm gonna do!

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
Welcome to our world hope this help copied this from previous posting by Allandra

A few ladies have been asking about having a thread that contains LHCF acronyms, abbreviations and methods (like the baggie). I will keep this thread closed, and I will add on to it. So, LHCF members, please send me your acronyms, abbreviations and methods via private message. TIA!

ACV - Apple Cider Vinegar

APL - Arm Pit Length

AO GPB - Aubrey Organics Glycogen Protein Balancer

BC - Big Chop

BSS - Beauty Supply Store

BSL - Bra Strap Length

BTW - By The Way

DB - Deep Brilliance

CD HM - Carol's Daughter Hair Milk

CD HHB - Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter

CD SoMM- Carol’s Daughter Some of Marguerite’s Magic

CON - Crème of Nature

CW - Conditioner Wash

CWC - Conditioner Wash Conditioner

EO - Essential Oil

EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

HHG - Happy Hair Growing

HHiaB - Healthy Hair in a Bottle

HTH - Hope This Helps

IMHO - In My Humble Opinion

IMO - In My Opinion

IIRC - If I Remember Correctly

ITA - I Too Agree

LUST - L’Oreal (Nature’s Therapy) Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment

MTG - Shapley's Original 'Mane-Tail-Groom'

NTM - Neutrogena Triple Moisture

NSFW - Not Safe For Work

PJ - Product Junkie

Slip - When the comb glides through the hair (tangle free)

TWA - Teeny Weeny Afro

TIA - Thanks In Advance

WGO - Wild Growth Oil

Baggie Method: http://public.fotki.com/dontspeakdef...gie_technique/

Bump / Bumping: to put a thread at the top of the list

Royal Glory

Welcome, Tricie! You will love it here. I have learned alot in the few months I've been a member.

Hey, I see you're a fellow Ojon devoté! I love this stuff and nearly everything that I've tried from the line! OT (Off Topic) You've gotta try the Revitalizing Mist too. :)

Take a look at the "Sticky", a thread that stays in position for easy access, called "Looking for Your Favorite Sticky" for additional great information you will find useful as a Newbie.

tricie

Hi, Ladies! :grin:

Thank you all so much for your kind words, advice and welcome! I appreciate it; BTW, Royal Glory, I do use the Ojon Revitalizing Mist and the Tui Hair Smoothie, as well as the Tui Hair oil (I'm hooked, I think it's because not only because the products are good, they smell so good)!; they are all awesome! :) I hope to have some progress soon!

Thanks again!
Tricie :D

tricie

You got that right, Hair Iam! :) It's happening already, seeing as it's midnight here and I am surfing through this forum; I need to go to sleep! :D

Tricie

chayil0427

Well I'm not sure what WTG is ... did you mean MTG? That's mane tail groom which can be found at www.shapleys.com

MN is moconozole nitrate which is basically yeast infection cream (monistat 7 or neosporine AF) which some use for hair growth.

I feel you on the tough and terrible new growth. I deal with my by using a detangling poo and thicker moisturizers. Also when I have a lot of new growth I don't really comb my hair...I'll go over it with a very wide comb at wash time and that's it. Other wise I just smooth it out with my fingers. Some use S-Curl when stretching relaxers. See the transitioners support threads. A lot of the products recommened in that thread for transitioners can be used for stretching as well. Also the protective low manip styles in the thread can be helpful.

For protective styles I'd try bunning....sounds like you're at a length where you could make a pretty decent bun. If need be throw in some fake hair to fill the bun out. Or try a fall (phony Pony)

Welcome to the board.

Chayil

Last edited:

Golong

Blackraven,
Thankyou so much for listing the abbreviations. I know I've been here a few months and still can't figure most out. I book marked this thread.

Last edited: