Hi everyone, I'm a Newbie!!!!!!! Questions!!!!!!

For the past 4-6 months, I have been using ORS hair mayo and uplifting shampoo. It worked great, but it left it dry. So, last week after I got a relaxer I started using the pantene pro-v relaxed and natural shampoo and conditioner. The smell is great and my hair is so shiny and light. I want to know to start of the new year, if it would be wise for me to use the ORS hair mayo as a pre-poo followed by using the pantene products to wash it?

P.S. I used the hair mayo as a pre-poo every week and it was very effective.

Last edited:

msa

You don't sound like a newbie LOL. But, welcome!

There are lots of people that use the Mayo as a pre-poo. If it's working for you keep on doing it. I haven't used that Pantene shampoo/conditioner but as long as the conditioner is moisturizing enough for you it should be fine.

Also, here's a link that may be helpful to you:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=255441

It has all the favorite threads/stickies and lots of great information.

Hope this helps!

You don't sound like a newbie LOL. But, welcome!

There are lots of people that use the Mayo as a pre-poo. If it's working for you keep on doing it. I haven't used that Pantene shampoo/conditioner but as long as the conditioner is moisturizing enough for you it should be fine.

Also, here's a link that may be helpful to you:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=255441

It has all the favorite threads/stickies and lots of great information.

Hope this helps!

Lol. Thank you!

Thanks for your help. The pantene products are great.

livesoundtech

Welcome!!!

I used to use pretty much the same things... but I find that olive oil works better as a pre-poo for me. The Pantene Relaxed and Natural line is great though. As for the ORS hair mayo, I usually use that once a month like a deep conditioner. Have you tried olive oil as a prepoo?

Good luck on your hair journey! Happy New Year! :spinning:

Welcome!!!

I used to use pretty much the same things... but I find that olive oil works better as a pre-poo for me. The Pantene Relaxed and Natural line is great though. As for the ORS hair mayo, I usually use that once a month like a deep conditioner. Have you tried olive oil as a prepoo?

Good luck on your hair journey! Happy New Year! :spinning:

Thank you!!

No, I have never tried olive oil as a prepoo. How does that work?

Happy 2009 to you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drunk:

livesoundtech

Thank you!!

No, I have never tried olive oil as a prepoo. How does that work?

Happy 2009 to you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drunk:

Well, here's how I do it:

I divide my hair into four sections and apply olive oil from roots to end. I comb through gently with a wide-toothed comb (this is usually how I detangle... I hate to wash tangled hair). I let the olive oil sit in my hair for about a half hour with a shower cap on to avoid getting oil stains on my clothes. Then, I shampoo out. It makes your hair very smooth and for me, it makes shampoo feel good... it's almost like the olive oil protects you from the shampoo damage, lol. For some people, olive oil makes the hair look greasy, which is why I use it as a prepoo instead of as a leave-in.

Well, here's how I do it:

I divide my hair into four sections and apply olive oil from roots to end. I comb through gently with a wide-toothed comb (this is usually how I detangle... I hate to wash tangled hair). I let the olive oil sit in my hair for about a half hour with a shower cap on to avoid getting oil stains on my clothes. Then, I shampoo out. It makes your hair very smooth and for me, it makes shampoo feel good... it's almost like the olive oil protects you from the shampoo damage, lol. For some people, olive oil makes the hair look greasy, which is why I use it as a prepoo instead of as a leave-in.

Thanks for the info!! What kind of shampoo and conditioner do you use? Can you leave the oil in for over 2 hours?

SEMO

Welcome!! Your plan sounds good to me. In fact, just this week I put some ORS Hair Mayo on my hair to deep condition before shampooing. I like doing this.

Welcome!! Your plan sounds good to me. In fact, just this week I put some ORS Hair Mayo on my hair to deep condition before shampooing. I like doing this.

Thanks!!! Your hair looks great. My hair use to be like that before I got relaxers.

livesoundtech

Thanks for the info!! What kind of shampoo and conditioner do you use? Can you leave the oil in for over 2 hours?

Definitely. Sometimes I leave it in overnight.

I use Tresemme Thermal Recovery shampoo (for damaged hair) once per week. I cowash with Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship. After I wash with shampoo, I condition with Nexxus or Pantene Relaxed and Natural. Nexxus is too expensive, so I save it for special occasions... though I find that Pantene is just as good.

Also, you said your hair was very dry... how often do you shampoo? Do you cowash at all? You should try to find a balance of moisture and protein... everyone is different, but some people are sensitive to too much protein in hair products. Hope this helps!

Definitely. Sometimes I leave it in overnight.

I use Tresemme Thermal Recovery shampoo (for damaged hair) once per week. I cowash with Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship. After I wash with shampoo, I condition with Nexxus or Pantene Relaxed and Natural. Nexxus is too expensive, so I save it for special occasions... though I find that Pantene is just as good.

Also, you said your hair was very dry... how often do you shampoo? Do you cowash at all? You should try to find a balance of moisture and protein... everyone is different, but some people are sensitive to too much protein in hair products. Hope this helps!

You use a lot of products lol. Pantene is awesome. I shampoo once a week. No I don't cowash. I found that when I just use the ORS uplifting shampoo my hair would be dry. So, now I use the uplifting shampoo and the pantene relaxed and natural shampoo, which solved the problem.

Thanks for your help!! Oh, and when I pre poo with the hair mayo, I spray the olive oil sheen spray on my hair too.