Holiday Tipping/Gift for Hair Stylist

05girl

For those who go to hair stylists regularly, do you provided a bigger holiday tip? Or a small gift (giftcard) of some sort? If so, how much do you give?

Wondering how common this is. I have read that etiquette-wise, you should provide a holiday tip to service-workers you regularly employ, like landscapers, babysitters, etc.

I gave my stylist 20 bucks on top of her 20% tip that I normally give...I one go for touch ups every 3-4 months

Sent from my MB860 using MB860

Holiday tipping was discussed on one of the morning shows this past week. I believe it was The Today Show. The guest speaker said you should tip the cost of your service. That seems like quite a bit for some people though.

She also stated that if you can't afford that then use the skills that you have. For example, if you bake then give baked goods, etc.

Last edited:
Holiday tipping was discussed on one of the morning shows this past week. I believe it was The Today Show. The guest speaker said you should tip the cost of your service. That seems like quite a bit for some people though.

She also stated that if you can't afford that then use the skills that you have. For example, if you bake then give baked goods, etc.
You should tip the cost of your service? What crack was she smoking? :perplexed

Back